Aberdeen city street parking

General Biker Banter

Moderators: al, Administrator

RSVSuperhero
Baw Bag

Aberdeen city street parking

Post by RSVSuperhero »

Whats the deal with parking a motorcycle in Aberdeen city centre now-can you still park a bike if the rear wheel is against the kerb or do we have to use the motorcycle parking bays?

Cheers
aisgsimon
Knee Flapper
Current Ride: '88 VFR 750FJ

Re: Aberdeen city street parking

Post by aisgsimon »

I've never been hassled parking against kerbs etc, haven't tried in the recent months but shouldn't imagine it has changed
Dave
Enjoys a nice shaft!
Current Ride: Big sensible pretty bikes with big smooth tyres,
Small bikes with small lumpy tyres and a truck with HUGE lumpy tyres !

Post by Dave »

Have a look at this...

https://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/plannin ... erdeen.asp

and the last page of this is a map of the bike parking locations
http://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/nmsrunti ... 6&sID=8778
Myxomatosis
Baw Bag
Current Ride: ER6N + GROM

Post by Myxomatosis »

On a similar topic are there are any multistory car parks you can park in for free?

For example the harriet street carpark - you can go in there, there is a gap at the side of the ticket barrier and same on the way out. Do we still have to pay? ;)

I know in union square you can ride past the ticket barrier but the parking is outside
Hagar
Late Braker
Current Ride: CBF 1000GT

Post by Hagar »

Myxomatosis wrote:On a similar topic are there are any multistory car parks you can park in for free?

For example the harriet street carpark - you can go in there, there is a gap at the side of the ticket barrier and same on the way out. Do we still have to pay? ;)

I know in union square you can ride past the ticket barrier but the parking is outside
For union square I use the bike bays in college street car park. The bike is under cover with CCTV coverage and a rail to tie the bike to. You walk through the car park and come out at the rail station. If I am in the town I normally use the Denburn carpark again bike undercover and the wardens office is there as well so a bit more secure.
pharis
Baw Bag
Current Ride: R1200RS, Z1000SX

Post by pharis »

Myxomatosis wrote:On a similar topic are there are any multistory car parks you can park in for free?

Park where ever you want in union sq. Although there is the bay outside there is nothing to stop you parking anywhere else. As Hagar says College STD and Denburn right under the CCTV, no need to pay. Never tried Harriet STD, but if space to get the bike passed the barrier then no need to pay there either.
stitch82
Chopper
Current Ride: kawasaki ZZR 600

Post by stitch82 »

Union square is fine....if u park in a car bay they expext you to pay but dont enforce this for bikes. College street best for bikes as the bike bay is under cover and covered by a STATIC CCTV CAMERA and controlled by Union Square so anything happens to your bike you should get it on cctv. I know this as I was a cctv op there till August last yr from when the shopping centre opened.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk
Dave
Enjoys a nice shaft!

Post by Dave »

stitch82 wrote:... College street best for bikes as the bike bay is under cover and covered by a STATIC CCTV CAMERA and controlled by Union Square so anything happens to your bike you should get it on cctv.

I am unsure if you have to pay at College Street for bike parking, as the payment system is by registration number, not a normal "pay and display".
Hagar
Late Braker
Current Ride: CBF 1000GT

Post by Hagar »

Dave wrote:
stitch82 wrote:... College street best for bikes as the bike bay is under cover and covered by a STATIC CCTV CAMERA and controlled by Union Square so anything happens to your bike you should get it on cctv.

I am unsure if you have to pay at College Street for bike parking, as the payment system is by registration number, not a normal "pay and display".
Never paid yet, but then I don't have a registration plate on the front of my bike :log
stitch82
Chopper

Post by stitch82 »

Dave wrote: I am unsure if you have to pay at College Street for bike parking, as the payment system is by registration number, not a normal "pay and display".
Nope you dont have to pay at college street for bikes. Ive all the city carparks you dont need to pay....dont knoe about bonaccord and trinity though

Yarek
Scary biscuits
Current Ride: Kwak Z1000sx

Post by Yarek »

Stupid question then - if you're parking in Union Square for example - is there space past the barrier or do you do something funny with the ticket?
Big Little Dave
Tinky Winky
Current Ride: 2011 CB1000R

Post by Big Little Dave »

I always just get a ticket, think its the only way past the barrier to get in. Where as its easy to get out.
stitch82
Chopper

Post by stitch82 »

Market street far left entry barrier has a drop on the kerb on both sides of the barrier so bikes get in without ticket. To exit use palmerston rd exit snd same rule to get out on far left exit

aisgsimon
Knee Flapper
Current Ride: '88 VFR 750FJ

Post by aisgsimon »

Yarek wrote:Stupid question then - if you're parking in Union Square for example - is there space past the barrier or do you do something funny with the ticket?
or just park in the train station, on the left as you enter (its a one way loop so you have to ride around). CCTV cameras and lots of panda cars present.
pharis
Baw Bag

Post by pharis »

Big Little Dave wrote:I always just get a ticket, think its the only way past the barrier to get in. Where as its easy to get out.
Go in from Palmerston Road, plenty space to get past on the left hand side without taking a ticket.
al
Mass Debater
Current Ride: Space Hopper

Post by al »

pharis wrote:
Big Little Dave wrote:I always just get a ticket, think its the only way past the barrier to get in. Where as its easy to get out.
Go in from Palmerston Road, plenty space to get past on the left hand side without taking a ticket.
Once you are in the car park are there dedicated bike spaces?

Is there space on the exit barriers as well?

This is the information from theUnions Square webite regarding the charges -
There is no charge to park two wheeled vehicles in any of Union Square's car parks.
pharis
Baw Bag

Post by pharis »

Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian) wrote:
pharis wrote:
Once you are in the car park are there dedicated bike spaces?

Is there space on the exit barriers as well?

This is the information from theUnions Square webite regarding the charges -
There is no charge to park two wheeled vehicles in any of Union Square's car parks.
There is a bike space in the corner outside "Next". Exit via Palmerston rd barriers, keep left, a drop down kerb at the barrier.
al
Mass Debater
Current Ride: Space Hopper

Post by al »

Cheers! :2up
Dave
Enjoys a nice shaft!

Post by Dave »

willian
Late Braker
Current Ride: versatile system type bike....

Post by willian »

The housing area required a Permit, she ignored it.

Similar to me ignoring that I have to pay for factoring fees for where I live as it's written into the title deeds of my house, they can enforce payment through the courts.

Different to an area, say a shop for instance that's dishing out tickets.
Dave
Enjoys a nice shaft!

Post by Dave »

willian wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:07 am The housing area required a Permit, she ignored it.

Similar to me ignoring that I have to pay for factoring fees for where I live as it's written into the title deeds of my house, they can enforce payment through the courts.

Different to an area, say a shop for instance that's dishing out tickets.
Good spot.
I did not look at all the details.
willian
Late Braker

Post by willian »

In England the car parks of Supermarkets and private land can dish out parking tickets for non consent / poor parking / over stay etc as they have different laws pertaining to land use.

As long as it's clearly signed.
Gazza
I don't believe it!
Current Ride: KTM 690 Duke

Post by Gazza »

willian wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:25 am In England the car parks of Supermarkets and private land can dish out parking tickets for non consent / poor parking / over stay etc as they have different laws pertaining to land use.

Can a private car park legally fine you for parking there? I find that a bit strange unless you do some damage to the property.
willian
Late Braker

Post by willian »

Gazza wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:21 am
willian wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:25 am In England the car parks of Supermarkets and private land can dish out parking tickets for non consent / poor parking / over stay etc as they have different laws pertaining to land use.

Can a private car park legally fine you for parking there? I find that a bit strange unless you do some damage to the property.
MSE Link