Strange

General Biker Banter

Moderators: al, Administrator

Zathos
Mr Magpie
Current Ride: Aprilia Tuono Factory R

Strange

Post by Zathos »

As some of you know I have been building a Caterham. Mainly for shits and giggles.

Now it is on the road I find driving it is like the good old days of biking. The thrill of the drive, the desire to just drive with no real destination in mind but several roads to pass over on the way.

Not surprised by this, but it does highlight just how little I get from riding these days and I can't see a real reason why this should be the case.

The bike is more agile, has much better visibility and will make better progress in traffic. But the car makes me grin like a child, while the bike just makes me smile.
al
Mass Debater
Current Ride: Space Hopper

Re: Strange

Post by al »

Do both! :2up
haiax0
Tank Slapper
Current Ride: Ducati Hypermotard

Post by haiax0 »

I can certainly relate to the feeling right enough! It's time to trade the bike for another one!
tcat78
Direct Access
Current Ride: 2009 Yamaha R-6

Strange

Post by tcat78 »

18 months ago I bought a Robin Hood kit car. Great fun - only issue being the lack of roof. Sold it and bought a z1000sx - but still keep looking at various caterham style cars - just something about them. Great fun to drive and had many a play going over the cairn o mount with the bikes.....have both would be my choice......now I just have to justify it to the other half....
RK6
Would you like a mushroom?
Current Ride: Hypermotard SP

Post by RK6 »

I've never driven a car as light weight as a Caterham that but I can imagine it being a lot of fun! Still though, that's no excuse for not being out on the bike (says me :oops ).