Day out on two wheels

General Biker Banter

Moderators: al, Administrator

willian
Late Braker
Current Ride: versatile system type bike....

Day out on two wheels

Post by willian »

Great first proper run out yesterday on my new bike, only had little taster rides on it (280 miles in total) since getting it in July due to family reasons :(

Went into Aberdeen for an appt early morning, cleared that at 9.45 then down the dual carriageway to Marykirk to visit a mate ....... good exercise in trying it out for wind noise / buffeting etc on the dualler.

After seeing my pal, left at 11.30 went up through Fettercairn and up the fantastic Cairn O Mount road for the first time on a bike.
(Also the first time EVER on that road heading North as it happens!)

Through Feughside, Finzean, Aboyne, the back road to Ballater (watch out for the loose chippings!!!!), stopped off at the fantastic Larks Gallery for a look and a natter then turned up to Corgarff, up over the Lecht and stopped off in the Braes of Glenlivet to see a man about a dog.

Headed off home via Dufftown and stopped for a quick bite to eat at the Co-Op then back down via Huntly, Inverurie and then home for 16.30.

All in all 200 miles done on the day, on the same tank of petrol and love my new bike, very comfortable, self assured and very capable, does everything I want it to :freebird

Loved the route (apart from the dualler) as full of twisties and straights to get used to my new bike.

Bring on more miles and hopefully get back to commuting with it again when the family situation allows.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
haiax0
Tank Slapper
Current Ride: Ducati Hypermotard

Re: Day out on two wheels

Post by haiax0 »

Great to hear! and a craicing choice for a big too! :2up