How was biking in 2015 for you ?

General Biker Banter

Moderators: al, Administrator

Dave
Enjoys a nice shaft!
Current Ride: Big sensible pretty bikes with big smooth tyres,
Small bikes with small lumpy tyres and a truck with HUGE lumpy tyres !

How was biking in 2015 for you ?

Post by Dave »

2015 was not the best biking year for me.

Close to faff all of my hopes for 2015 were realised, I never made it to the west coast, and the extended tour of the best country on our planet did not happen for a number of non-biking reasons.

I did have a few very enjoyable midweek runs, up/down/around many unlisted roads not that far from the big Silver City.
And a few very long ways home on Fridays with friends.

I did lose my most favourite bike of many years, my KTM 990 Adventure.
I also lost the Panzer 1200 Adventure, a shame in some ways as I think it is the most practical bike one can get, so practical it is silly, but I do not miss the riding experience of it.

2015 was not all bad, I found the replacements for the KTM and Panzer acceptable, and are a pleasure to ride.

I so got a wee weather tight working "cave" built.

Now we are in 2016, time to catch up on missed hopes of 2015
willian
Late Braker
Current Ride: versatile system type bike....

Re: How was biking in 2015 for you ?

Post by willian »

Highs and lows for me.

Passed my CBT and got my first bike a CBF125 and proceeded to put 1500 miles on it in 5 weeks ........ loved being on two wheels, only used my car twice for work in that time where I needed to go to a clients office.

Passed my big bike test no problem and done a few test rides and plumped for a Mk3 650 Kawasaki Versys, love it to bits and is great bike to spend a day out on.

That's where the lows come in, due to my wife falling ill in July I have been restricted to only 950 miles since mid July as I require to drop off and collect our Son from nursery each day, only grabbing a couple of hours or so here or there every other weekend weather dependant :roll
Kaybe
Direct Access
Current Ride: Big Mans Wanger R1200gs WC, VFR 800 VTEC and Ducati 796 Monster

Post by Kaybe »

Only managed about 8000 miles on my bikes last year mainly on the GS.
Mostly day trips of 200-350 miles over Scotland, then couple 1000+ Ireland and North of England.
Had planned to do a Europe trip but coincided with arrival of first grandson so had to call off.

This year a few rallies, might go to Ulster GP, then the usual day trips.
haiax0
Tank Slapper
Current Ride: Ducati Hypermotard

Post by haiax0 »

Dormant for the first half as I did not have a bike, then after July I got back on the saddle. Couple of thousand miles put in on local roads only. Weather and perosnal time never did play ball to allow me to head further afield.

Looking forward to 2016 and riding just for me again. Itching to rekindle the spirit of adventure on two wheels :2up