Anyone got biking plans for 2016?

General Biker Banter

Moderators: al, Administrator

Dave
Enjoys a nice shaft!
Current Ride: Big sensible pretty bikes with big smooth tyres,
Small bikes with small lumpy tyres and a truck with HUGE lumpy tyres !

Anyone got biking plans for 2016?

Post by Dave »

What are your plans for 2016?

A new or different bike ?
Midweek evening runs?
Long bike runs?
West coast weekends?
Other stuff…

2016...Now we are in the time of shizzle biking weather, temperatures bouncing off freezing, patches of ice most mornings and late evenings, I am looking forward to getting the bikes out on a daily basis again.

Plans, me… first of all, I have no plans to be changing or getting additional bikes.

Midweek runs…yip, the plan is to do more midweek runs this year.
Last year I managed a few local runs of different styles.
All the runs were good, but I tended towards runs where the leader just made the route up as the run progressed, mainly choosing unlisted roads that more than often turned out to be twisty...just great...had the advantage of less top speed, more gear changes, lots of accelerations/decelerations, as well as seeing some great views so close to home.

Long bike run…last year I did not manage a planned an extended tour of Scotland with a bit of off-road training/experience due to family and work issues, and the way this year is starting I am not getting my hopes up for doing any extended trips other than a west coast weekend or two.

Other stuff…probably do a day trip to see Thunder in the Glens again, not my style of bike but it is an impressive sight.
willian
Late Braker
Current Ride: versatile system type bike....

Re: Anyone got biking plans for 2016?

Post by willian »

Due to be being made redundant in the next 3 weeks, I hope to be able to avoid selling my bike!

Everything else will be a bonus!
al
Mass Debater
Current Ride: Space Hopper

Post by al »

Dave wrote:Plans, me… first of all, I have no plans to be changing or getting additional bikes.
I seem to remember the same thing getting said last year! :log

Getting out on the bike once in a while would be good. Even without any day trips of longer runs I still clocked up over 3k miles on the V-Strom last year wich is the most I have done in years (I traded in the 4 year old Versys with 4k miles onthe clock :oops ).

With the work situation at the moment it looks like I'll be switching to using the bus as the office I will be working out of doesn't seem to have any motorcycle spaces for non staffies.

Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian).
Dave
Enjoys a nice shaft!
Current Ride: Big sensible pretty bikes with big smooth tyres,
Small bikes with small lumpy tyres and a truck with HUGE lumpy tyres !

Post by Dave »

Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian) wrote:
Dave wrote:Plans, me… first of all, I have no plans to be changing or getting additional bikes.
I seem to remember the same thing getting said last year! :log
:log :log :log

And that was my genuine intention...but the MOT's were not kind to my previous two bikes a week before my old car needed an MOT, and I have a number of thing that required me to have transport.
My bikes of this time last year, poor wee things, but they did give me an enjoyable time, I do miss the KTM.
Zzzz
Baw Bag

Post by Zzzz »

willian wrote:Due to be being made redundant in the next 3 weeks, I hope to be able to avoid selling my bike!

Hope it all sorts out - in your favour
Zzzz
Baw Bag

Post by Zzzz »

Hopefully to Hungary and back to meet up with old and new friends in WIMA (Women's International Motorcycle Association)
Zathos
Mr Magpie
Current Ride: Aprilia Tuono Factory R

Post by Zathos »

This year I plan to sell one of the bikes and actually ride the other one.

Probably will spend more time in the 4 wheel toy than the bike, but I am hopeful of reigniting the desire to ride :cool
Feckdeamon
Scary biscuits
Current Ride: Tuono V4R

Post by Feckdeamon »

Already sold the 1290 this year :(

KTM supermoto is getting thrown in the van and driven to France and Italy to go exploring for a month or two :cool
willian
Late Braker

Post by willian »

Zzzz wrote:
willian wrote:Due to be being made redundant in the next 3 weeks, I hope to be able to avoid selling my bike!

Hope it all sorts out - in your favour

Cheers, just got to roll with it and get out there and secure something.

Plus side if nothing crops up fast is that I may just get to spend some more two wheel time .... rather be commuting though!
KoDen
Just Passed
Current Ride: Yamaha YZFR6

Post by KoDen »

Planning to go for a fundraising Kilt Run at the end of May. It will run over the weekend. As well planning to do North Coast 500 at some point this summer. If anyone interested you are welcome to join.
Big Little Dave
Tinky Winky
Current Ride: 2011 CB1000R

Post by Big Little Dave »

Heading to Germany mid April for two weeks with Pharis, my old man and a mate of ours. Haven't been abroad for two years so really looking forward to getting away again. 2012 and 2013 I had my Bandit and the two weeks were pretty easy, but the Street isn't as comfy, it'll be interesting to see how I hold up on it :log
willian
Late Braker

Post by willian »

KoDen wrote:Planning to go for a fundraising Kilt Run at the end of May. It will run over the weekend. As well planning to do North Coast 500 at some point this summer. If anyone interested you are welcome to join.

NC500 definitely on the list, most likely do it April before the tourists get on the single track roads road and fill up the B&B's
KoDen
Just Passed
Current Ride: Yamaha YZFR6

Post by KoDen »

willian wrote:
KoDen wrote:Planning to go for a fundraising Kilt Run at the end of May. It will run over the weekend. As well planning to do North Coast 500 at some point this summer. If anyone interested you are welcome to join.

NC500 definitely on the list, most likely do it April before the tourists get on the single track roads road and fill up the B&B's
Great. I'm thinking do it at summer time. And I'm going to do camping. Always love to slip it the tent. Even on my long weekend at the Lake District under the rain. You waking up with the rain going down your tent. Only this time I'm planning to get a bigger tent.
willian
Late Braker

Post by willian »

KoDen wrote:
willian wrote:

Great. I'm thinking do it at summer time. And I'm going to do camping. Always love to slip it the tent. Even on my long weekend at the Lake District under the rain. You waking up with the rain going down your tent. Only this time I'm planning to get a bigger tent.
Nice one, camping is fun if the weathers reasonable