2016…the biking season has begun

General Biker Banter

Moderators: al, Administrator

Dave
Enjoys a nice shaft!
Current Ride: Big sensible pretty bikes with big smooth tyres,
Small bikes with small lumpy tyres and a truck with HUGE lumpy tyres !

2016…the biking season has begun

Post by Dave »

On Saturday I went out for a wee run with company to the north of the city, taking in Turrif.
The roads did have gravel in many unpredictable places.
Many sections of roads did have a lot of mud all the way across from kerb to kerb.
There were new potholes, often with that tell tail scattering of gravel in the middle third of the lane.
There were still the odd patch of ice at the side of the roads.
There are many lengths of roads with “snail trails”, some with a raised section of slippery yuk, some with no debris but you can see the slippery multi coloured coating of oil/fuel/slime, some with big bits of debris which can be slippery…and when there were no snail trails, there was often a line of raised gravel/mud…which is slippery.

But it was GRRRRRREAT getting out on the bike :biggrin2 :biggrin2

On Sunday, I went out for a wee run, the misses even jumped on the back…over a hundred miles with a visit to Stonehaven, then looking north taking in Aberdeen beach.

Today…just had to take the bike to work...and I fear it might involve "the long way home"

This morning due to the wind, I took the huge topbox off, and without pillion that MT09 felt like a nimble supermoto.

‘tis the season to be jolly…" biking jolly that is :2up :biggrin2 :biggrin2
willian
Late Braker
Current Ride: versatile system type bike....

Re: 2016…the biking season has begun

Post by willian »

Dave wrote:On Saturday I went out for a wee run with EXCELLENT company to the north of the city, taking in Turrif.
The roads did have gravel in many unpredictable places.
Many sections of roads did have a lot of mud all the way across from kerb to kerb.
There were new potholes, often with that tell tail scattering of gravel in the middle third of the lane.
There were still the odd patch of ice at the side of the roads.
There are many lengths of roads with “snail trails”, some with a raised section of slippery yuk, some with no debris but you can see the slippery multi coloured coating of oil/fuel/slime, some with big bits of debris which can be slippery…and when there were no snail trails, there was often a line of raised gravel/mud…which is slippery.

But it was GRRRRRREAT getting out on the bike :biggrin2 :biggrin2

On Sunday, I went out for a wee run, the misses even jumped on the back…over a hundred miles with a visit to Stonehaven, then looking north taking in Aberdeen beach.

Today…just had to take the bike to work...and I fear it might involve "the long way home"

This morning due to the wind, I took the huge topbox off, and without pillion that MT09 felt like a nimble supermoto.

‘tis the season to be jolly…" biking jolly that is :2up :biggrin2 :biggrin2
Tut tut......
KoDen
Just Passed
Current Ride: Yamaha YZFR6

Post by KoDen »

Last few days was great for riding. I went on Saturday, Fraserburgh-Stonehaven-Arbroth-Fettercairn-Bancory-Aberdeen-Fraserburgh. Great ride. Up in the mountains roads were much better than main roads, after all those flooding. Could resist to go out today as well, but while coming from New Deer, at the Ellon by-pass road, car pulled out in front of me. Female were on the phone. Lucky everything went well. But it was scary. I had camera on me, so will upload video later today.
willian
Late Braker
Current Ride: versatile system type bike....

Post by willian »

KoDen wrote:Last few days was great for riding. I went on Saturday, Fraserburgh-Stonehaven-Arbroth-Fettercairn-Bancory-Aberdeen-Fraserburgh. Great ride. Up in the mountains roads were much better than main roads, after all those flooding. Could resist to go out today as well, but while coming from New Deer, at the Ellon by-pass road, car pulled out in front of me. Female were on the phone. Lucky everything went well. But it was scary. I had camera on me, so will upload video later today.

Sounds like a great run you had.

Well done :2up for avoiding the ignorant one on the phone :nono