Scottish Motorcycle Show

General Biker Banter

Moderators: al, Administrator

KoDen
Just Passed
Current Ride: Yamaha YZFR6

Scottish Motorcycle Show

Post by KoDen »

Hi, is anyone planning to go to Edinburgh next weekend? Are you riding or driving? Would you like to go together?
Dave
Enjoys a nice shaft!
Current Ride: Big sensible pretty bikes with big smooth tyres,
Small bikes with small lumpy tyres and a truck with HUGE lumpy tyres !

Re: Scottish Motorcycle Show

Post by Dave »

With most things motor related I would like to attend, but it is unlikely I will be going to this one :(

But I do like your efforts to get people together :2up
Hagar
Late Braker
Current Ride: CBF 1000GT

Post by Hagar »

I am planning on going down on the Saturday but since there will be 4 of us the car will be full, Sorry.
willian
Late Braker
Current Ride: versatile system type bike....

Post by willian »

I'm wanting to go.

Weather forecasted to be 10 degrees and dry.
KoDen
Just Passed

Post by KoDen »

As my self I'm riding there. Forecast looking good for next weekend, so that is a great news. Idea is, to find out who is riding, and maybe those who is driving will change their mind towards riding as well.

Planning to go on Saturday as well. Even took a day off. So who else would like to ride there on Saturday? We can discuss the time and place to meet.And the road to take. As I can see it will be fun riding dual carriage way.

On Tuesday I've done Ballater to Perth road. After Perth took some country roads. But have to join dual carriage way 50 miles before Aberdeen. It wasn't much fun.

So if you have any ideas or you already planned the way you going to travel, share it. And hopefully we can do it as a group.
willian
Late Braker

Post by willian »

Hi, provisional is a couple of us from north side of Aberdeen going on the bikes on Saturday.... Possibly a couple more.

No timings or routes as yet but will post up when something is fixed up, always the option of the coast road to Dundee and then down through Fife I guess.
Coully
Knee Flapper
Current Ride: 1988 CBR 600FL jellymould Gone
1990 VFR 750FL - Gone
1999 VFR 800Fix -Gone
2006 K1200s

Post by Coully »

another year, another miss for me sadly, no funds but also, down in Edinburgh playing rugby on sat, so sat is a bust and couldna face Edinburgh twice in 2 days
KoDen
Just Passed

Post by KoDen »

willian wrote:Hi, provisional is a couple of us from north side of Aberdeen going on the bikes on Saturday.... Possibly a couple more.

No timings or routes as yet but will post up when something is fixed up, always the option of the coast road to Dundee and then down through Fife I guess.
Would you mind if I join you? I'm coming from Fraserburgh way.
willian
Late Braker

Post by willian »

Shouldn't be a problem, still waiting to get plans moving from the other local lads but I'm most definitely going.
KoDen
Just Passed

Scottish Motorcycle Show

Post by KoDen »

willian wrote:Shouldn't be a problem, still waiting to get plans moving from the other local lads but I'm most definitely going.
Great, if you just keep me updated please.

Sent from my iPhone (yes I have no personality and truly believe that having a fancy phone IS the way to win friends and hopefully get laid!) using Tapatalk
willian
Late Braker

Post by willian »

Will do :2up
Rc8 mark
Direct Access
Current Ride: Vfr1200 gt

Post by Rc8 mark »

Anyone going down tomorrow
willian
Late Braker

Post by willian »

KoDen, hope you got down and back ok, we had some heavy rain on the way back.
willian
Late Braker

Post by willian »

If you're going get an e-ticket as it saves queuing.
Gates takes cards and was a tad slow.

Some amazing bikes, old and new.mfor me the best of the old stuff was the classic jap bikes, some stunning examples of RD250 Z1000 etc etc

Busiest stand I saw was the Kawasaki, literally mobbed at one point.

Lots of bikes to sit on try out which was great.

Africa Twin was a gem and felt ace, will definitely test ride it at some point, the Crosstourer and cross running very nice too.

1000 V-strom adventure very nice too, the Agusta Veloce Lusso was stunning if possibly a tad OTT electronic wise..... Some of the other Agustas are stunning.
I liked the KTM1050 adventure apart from the orange :sleep
The Ducati 800 scrambler looks great too and the Kwak Z1000SX was very comfy.

The Multistrada is massive and at 6'2" I was on my tippy toes!

Let downs at Yamaha, the paint job on the MT07 & MT10 is hideous, the 10 will be awesome to ride I think, very comfy as well.
There was a old styled 60th anniversary liveried bike (I forget the model) with a hideous air intake filter slap bang on the right knee which is plain terrible on a great looking bike, the tank scallops on the new XSR are crap too being suited to midgets again spoiling a lovely looking bike.
KoDen
Just Passed

Scottish Motorcycle Show

Post by KoDen »

willian wrote:If you're going get an e-ticket as it saves queuing.
Gates takes cards and was a tad slow.

Some amazing bikes, old and new.mfor me the best of the old stuff was the classic jap bikes, some stunning examples of RD250 Z1000 etc etc

Busiest stand I saw was the Kawasaki, literally mobbed at one point.

Lots of bikes to sit on try out which was great.

Africa Twin was a gem and felt ace, will definitely test ride it at some point, the Crosstourer and cross running very nice too.

1000 V-strom adventure very nice too, the Agusta Veloce Lusso was stunning if possibly a tad OTT electronic wise..... Some of the other Agustas are stunning.
I liked the KTM1050 adventure apart from the orange :sleep
The Ducati 800 scrambler looks great too and the Kwak Z1000SX was very comfy.

The Multistrada is massive and at 6'2" I was on my tippy toes!

Let downs at Yamaha, the paint job on the MT07 & MT10 is hideous, the 10 will be awesome to ride I think, very comfy as well.
There was a old styled 60th anniversary liveried bike (I forget the model) with a hideous air intake filter slap bang on the right knee which is plain terrible on a great looking bike, the tank scallops on the new XSR are crap too being suited to midgets again spoiling a lovely looking bike.
Get there and back safe, thanks. I get in rain before Aberdeen. Yeh, Kawasaki was the busiest. That makes me laughing, after I've remembered post from YZFR6 forum, about Kawasaki owners are limp wristed. No hard feeling Kawasaki owners, it is just for fun. Not sure about Yamaha colouring scheme, but world premiere of Yamaha MT-7 stunting didn't attract loads of looks. I've enjoyed some of the custom bikes.

And for those who is looking for bargains at the show, it was hard to find something for my self. As I were looking for some gear for myself online, it is still cheaper online. Well except my new Sidi mag 1 boots, which could save me a tenner.

Enjoyed the stunt show as well.

Sent from my iPhone (yes I have no personality and truly believe that having a fancy phone IS the way to win friends and hopefully get laid!) using Tapatalk
Zzzz
Baw Bag

Post by Zzzz »

It gets worse every year
willian
Late Braker

Post by willian »

Good to hear KoDen :2up