Impromptu run last night.

General Biker Banter

Moderators: al, Administrator

Dave
Enjoys a nice shaft!
Current Ride: Big sensible pretty bikes with big smooth tyres,
Small bikes with small lumpy tyres and a truck with HUGE lumpy tyres !

Impromptu run last night.

Post by Dave »

Yesterday a friend that has a similar bike to mine asked for my opinion of the handling of his bike after the forks have been removed/stripped, colour change, then rebuild.

I had to think long and hard whether I should go home and cut the front lawn, or go round and discuss/play on bikes, only to help a friend you understand.
Then another friend selfishly offered his time and experience.

A review of the bike in question, then a test run that reminded me how little grip TCK80’s have when cold and on a road, then we all headed off into the sunset before changing direction so the sun was not in our eyes, few miles by all of us on our own bikes, some fish and chips, a few miles more, all combined with much pleasant chat and we established that the forks were fine and my grass will survive.

I do like the R nineT with black forks.

I do like unplanned runs.

The explaining why I got home from work at 10.30pm, and all because I was helping a friend seemed to be accepted without grief.
Must keep that very truthful reason in mind for the next time.
bike-run-2016-08-23_p1.JPG
bike-run-2016-08-23_p2.JPG
run-route-2016-08-22-evening-pt2.jpg
run-route-2016-08-22-evening-pt1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
willian
Late Braker
Current Ride: versatile system type bike....

Re: Impromptu run last night.

Post by willian »

Nice machine :2up

An impromptu run past Dyce sometime as a cager c/w tools would be a great idea too.....