Zinc Plating

General Biker Banter

Moderators: al, Administrator

Russ
Tube steak
Current Ride: Honda Blackbird (1998) and now a 2015 Tracer 900 and very nice it is too!

Zinc Plating

Post by Russ »

Anyone know of a place in or around town that would be able to Zinc Plate (Black) a set of Steel Bolts ?

The old Blackbird fairing bolts are rusty and as I'm having the old girl repainted over the winter I'd like to get the original bolts Zinc Plated black to match the new paint job.

I don't want a set of generic ally ones because the Honda ones have shoulders to prevent the plastic fairing being pinched, they also have the 6 dimples on the head which I also want to keep.

I've already checked and apparantly they are too small to powder coat so next option is to Zinc Plate, if I can find anyone willing to do them so any pointers in the right direction would be appreciated.

:2up
willian
Late Braker
Current Ride: versatile system type bike....

Re: Zinc Plating

Post by willian »

Try Highland Electeoplaters or LJF powder coating both based in Dyce :2up
Russ
Tube steak
Current Ride: Honda Blackbird (1998) and now a 2015 Tracer 900 and very nice it is too!

Post by Russ »

Cheers for that, all sorted now !

willian
Late Braker
Current Ride: versatile system type bike....

Post by willian »

Russ wrote:Cheers for that, all sorted now !

Good stuff, lets us know how you get on and costs etc
Russ
Tube steak

Post by Russ »

Taking them to Highland Electroplating to get Black Xylan Coated, they can also do Zinc Nickel but it gives a yellow finish so taking them in a couple of weeks time for the Xylan finish which will match the paint job so thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Now I have a Zinc Plating kit for sale !

Its one of these...

http://www.aberdeenbikers.co.uk/phpBB3/ ... 32&t=25745