Speeding fine guidance

General Biker Banter

Moderators: al, Administrator

Dave
Enjoys a nice shaft!
Current Ride: Big sensible pretty bikes with big smooth tyres,
Small bikes with small lumpy tyres and a truck with HUGE lumpy tyres !

Speeding fine guidance

Post by Dave »

https://www.carkeys.co.uk/news/speeding ... ns-for-you

I don't understand why violent crime carries lesser punishment?
Gazza
I don't believe it!
Current Ride: KTM 690 Duke

Re: Speeding fine guidance

Post by Gazza »

Dave wrote:https://www.carkeys.co.uk/news/speeding ... ns-for-you

I don't understand why violent crime carries lesser punishment?

Not understanding and not liking why are two different things ;)
Gazza
I don't believe it!

Post by Gazza »

This speeder will be paying for more than a fine...

haiax0
Tank Slapper
Current Ride: Ducati Hypermotard

Post by haiax0 »

So.. if I caught doing 21mph in a 20 zone I will be fined 50% of my weekly income and have 3 points on my licence.. Not sure that is going to work out very well unless speedometer / tracking camera's are 100% more reliable and accurate that they currently are..

Looking at band B and C they appear to be discretionary?? I do not understand the need for discretion in this matter or how it can be fairly applied.

If I am doing 91-100mph in a 70 zone.. discretion may allow a minimum of 4 points, a 7 day ban and the loss of a weeks wages... for that price Id rather get caught at 100mph in a 70 zone over being caught doing 21mph in a 20 zone and receive a band A penalty.. :hippy
Gazza
I don't believe it!

Post by Gazza »

haiax0 wrote:So.. if I caught doing 21mph in a 20 zone I will be fined 50% of my weekly income and have 3 points on my licence.. Not sure that is going to work out very well unless speedometer / tracking camera's are 100% more reliable and accurate that they currently are..

Looking at band B and C they appear to be discretionary?? I do not understand the need for discretion in this matter or how it can be fairly applied.

If I am doing 91-100mph in a 70 zone.. discretion may allow a minimum of 4 points, a 7 day ban and the loss of a weeks wages... for that price Id rather get caught at 100mph in a 70 zone over being caught doing 21mph in a 20 zone and receive a band A penalty.. :hippy
I do understand and agree with having discretion. It's there for a good reason. Whether it works in your favour is a matter of luck rather than discretion, but I'd rather have it than not. Otherwise we all end up with a blanket decision, which would invariably be based upon worst case to cover all options.

Either way we're fucked over and would likely be better off getting our adrenalin from riding around on stolen bikes without a helmet and on public walkways.