Current Ride: Space Hopper

Halfords Socket Set deals

Post by al »

RK6
Would you like a mushroom?
Current Ride: Hypermotard SP

Re: Halfords Socket Set deals

Post by RK6 »

I've had one of the 200 pce sets for a good few years now and it's brilliant. If it can stand up to use by me, it can stand up to use by anyone! :log
Gazza
I don't believe it!
Current Ride: KTM 690 Duke

Post by Gazza »

I stripped and rebuilt my first engine during maths lessons when I was 10 years old. My maths teacher noticed I was bored, so gave me something more productive to do rather than look out of the window (I owe him a lot).

So my mum bought me a ca 200 piece Kamasa tool kit when I was about 13. Now that's a long, long time ago and it cost her £40. It has both imperial and metric sized 1/4" and 1/2" drive socket sets, flex head wrenches, combinations spanners, screw drivers and Allen head type sockets etc. Spanners are all metric, which was unusual at the time, as the UK was still imperial for several more years. But that turned out to be a good choice and what great foresight by my mum.

Over 46 years, I've lost one of the cross-head sockets, the 1/4" T bar and ratchet both broke and the smallest Allen head rounded off.

It's been used to remove, strip and rebuild numerous car and bike engines. All other car and bike maintenance and other general work and it's still going strong. There is no significant wear or breakages other than the aforementioned , which were all my heavy handed fault and it's still in regular use as my main toolkit.

One of my favourite and most useful tools are the flex head wrenches, ranging from 8 to 15mm. Despite some pretty severe abuse, none of these have ever broke, including the tiny 8mm one. This is what they look like:
9773.jpg
I'd definitely recommend Kamasa.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gazza
I don't believe it!
Current Ride: KTM 690 Duke

Post by Gazza »

I took that toolkit with me on the train from Norwich to Newcastle once (I had to change trains at Peterborough). They allowed me to travel in the cargo wagon with my bike

In the 4 hrs, I removed the engine from my Suzuki T350 Rebel. Stripped the gearbox, replaced the lay shaft bearing (bottom left gearbox bearing in the picture). Rebuilt it and rode it up over the bridge to cross the platforms at Newcastle Station.

Now those were the days :cool