Current Ride: Space Hopper

Lovely weather this time of year!

Post by al »

RK6
Would you like a mushroom?
Current Ride: Hypermotard SP

Re: Lovely weather this time of year!

Post by RK6 »

Looks bloody freezing, hope you had the heated gear on!
al
Mass Debater

Post by al »

RK6 wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:58 pm Looks bloody freezing, hope you had the heated gear on!
I stopped wearing my heated vest a few weeks ago but thankfully I stored it in my top box just in case. I had, however, switched over to my summer gloves so the backs of my hands and finger tips were a bit frozen by the time I got home.

Still, it's always good to be on the bike regardless of the weather provding you have the right kit on.

Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian).
RK6

Post by RK6 »

Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian) wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:01 pm
RK6 wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:58 pm Looks bloody freezing, hope you had the heated gear on!
I stopped wearing my heated vest a few weeks ago but thankfully I stored it in my top box just in case. I had, however, switched over to my summer gloves so the backs of my hands and finger tips were a bit frozen by the time I got home.

Still, it's always good to be on the bike regardless of the weather provding you have the right kit on.

Big Kneed Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian) (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian).
I really need to buy myself some sensible gear. I only own summer stuff which isn't exactly ideal for this time of year. Almost lost my fingers on the way back from Edinburgh the other weekend. :log
al
Mass Debater

Post by al »

RK6 wrote: Mon May 01, 2017 2:49 pm I really need to buy myself some sensible gear. I only own summer stuff which isn't exactly ideal for this time of year. Almost lost my fingers on the way back from Edinburgh the other weekend. :log
Are you having to run the new engine in?
al
Mass Debater

Post by al »

The weather looks like it is slowly improving. Pity I'm stuck in an office!
Zathos
Mr Magpie
Current Ride: Aprilia Tuono Factory R

Post by Zathos »

Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian) wrote: Tue May 02, 2017 12:58 pm The weather looks like it is slowly improving. Pity I'm stuck in an office!
Get a better office ;)
RK6

Post by RK6 »

Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian) wrote: Mon May 01, 2017 7:55 pm
RK6 wrote: Mon May 01, 2017 2:49 pm I really need to buy myself some sensible gear. I only own summer stuff which isn't exactly ideal for this time of year. Almost lost my fingers on the way back from Edinburgh the other weekend. :log
Are you having to run the new engine in?
Yup, I've been told to be on my best behavior for the first 600 miles then head back down for an oil change as the new engine comes with a different spec oil for the initial run in period. Apparently I then have to take it easy for a further 900 miles but I'll take that with a pinch of salt.