Tyres up norf?

General Biker Banter

Moderators: al, Administrator

dedpidgin2
Tidybeard
Current Ride: Honda Crosstourer Highlander DCT

Tyres up norf?

Post by dedpidgin2 »

Hey folks... quick question - I live up in the frozen norf now (small place near Banff) and need a new tyre. Now I've been going to Sillets for 20+ years and I am at a loss for where else to go! Somewhere with the same ride in, ride out service, I am far too lazy to take my own wheels off these days! And someone I can trust to do it right. Anyone have any recommendations?

I am in town once a week for work, but it's hard to find the time to get to Sillets.

I have a Crosstourer and am using Pilot Road 4s just now I think... they're round 'n' rubbery anyways. :???
al
Mass Debater
Current Ride: Space Hopper

Re: Tyres up norf?

Post by al »

dedpidgin2 wrote: Thu May 11, 2017 5:03 pm Hey folks... quick question - I live up in the frozen norf now (small place near Banff) and need a new tyre. Now I've been going to Sillets for 20+ years and I am at a loss for where else to go! Somewhere with the same ride in, ride out service, I am far too lazy to take my own wheels off these days! And someone I can trust to do it right. Anyone have any recommendations?

I am in town once a week for work, but it's hard to find the time to get to Sillets.

I have a Crosstourer and am using Pilot Road 4s just now I think... they're round 'n' rubbery anyways. :???
I run Pilot Road 4 Trails on my V-Strom and they are excellent. I got mine from Craigstone Tyres in Oldmeldrum. You can arrange a time to get your bike done over the phone which is very convenient and is available on Saturdays and in evenings by arrangement.

Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian).
dedpidgin2
Tidybeard

Post by dedpidgin2 »

Cool, that's on my way home and their opening hours seem pretty good too. :2up Are the prices comparable with Sillets, do you know? That was always one of his good points but I must admit that I have no idea if that changed as time went on (whether he went up or the competition become more, erm, what's the word... competitive!)
Dave
Enjoys a nice shaft!
Current Ride: Big sensible pretty bikes with big smooth tyres,
Small bikes with small lumpy tyres and a truck with HUGE lumpy tyres !

Post by Dave »

dedpidgin2 wrote: Thu May 11, 2017 6:27 pm Cool, that's on my way home and their opening hours seem pretty good too. :2up Are the prices comparable with Sillets, do you know? That was always one of his good points but I must admit that I have no idea if that changed as time went on (whether he went up or the competition become more, erm, what's the word... competitive!)
For some reason i go thru a few bike tyres, only had four so far this year.
Sillets and Craigstons are the only two places I have used in years.
dedpidgin2
Tidybeard

Post by dedpidgin2 »

Cheers folks, booked in for tomorrow morning at Craigston. :2up :cheers