Rossi

Give us your views on the world of Moto GP
missile
Candle in the wind.
Current Ride: Virtual rider

Re: Rossi

Post by missile »

No big surprise. Cal has done very well :worthy , but Dovi is better.
Bubba13t
Direct Access

Post by Bubba13t »

Coully wrote:Dovi to replace rossi,...poor cal!
I'd say good call, leaves Cal a place beside the underperforming Brad Smith for next year

I don't think Dovi will tame the Duc, Redding or Petrucci would be my choice
highland81
Direct Access
Current Ride: CB1000R

Post by highland81 »

Bubba13t wrote:
I'd say good call, leaves Cal a place beside the underperforming Brad Smith for next year

I don't think Dovi will tame the Duc, Redding or Petrucci would be my choice
I think someone straight out of MOTO 2 who hasnt developed a gp riding style so then is basically learning how to ride a gp bike rather than trying adapt to how aggressive and unpredictable the Ducati is compared to rest of paddock
Bubba13t
Direct Access

Post by Bubba13t »

Redding had a test recently and was not that far off the pace, Petrucci went even faster than Scott
Gazza
I don't believe it!
Current Ride: KTM 690 Duke

Post by Gazza »

Maybe his saving grace. This could well be Dovi's exit to WSB. My guess is he'll be chasing Cal next year.
Coddy
Chavtastic!
Current Ride: 2011 Ecosse Arr Waan SP Special.
Location: I did see the speed limit officer, i just didn't see you....

Post by Coddy »

Dovi will do nothing on the Ducati.
He is a smooth rider, and the Ducati needs someone with a wilder side. The 2 riders mentioned fit the bill. Plus Ionnoni.

Bradley on the Tech 3, complete waste of a ride. Nowhere near good enough. Rumours that Poncheral trying to get out of that deal.
bill.m
Tube steak
Current Ride: KTM Duke, Honda VFR800 Vtec, Triumph Sprint STD 1050

Post by bill.m »

Tech3 team will field an all British rider line up next year with Crutchlow re-signing and Bradley Smith getting the second bike.
Gazza
I don't believe it!

Post by Gazza »

bill.m wrote:Tech3 team will field an all British rider line up next year with Crutchlow re-signing and Bradley Smith getting the second bike.
Would far rather see Scott Redding, he's riding much better than Bradley at the moment. He also needs the extra power as the 600 is just too small for his size.
Dickie
Tank Slapper
Current Ride: SV650, ER6 and a pikey van

Post by Dickie »

I'd love to see Scott Redding step up to MotoGP. He has the attitude and massive bollocks required. Nothing against Bradley but he hasn't done anything to deserve the Tech3 ride. :???
memini
Direct Access
Current Ride: Yamaha ycs1c and VFR V-teac

Post by memini »

comfirmed all brit team in tech3 next year and do think Smith a waste of the bike
Big Little Dave
Tinky Winky
Current Ride: 2011 CB1000R

Post by Big Little Dave »

I hope they give Cal a factory bike, then we should see some even better results from him
Gazza
I don't believe it!

Post by Gazza »

Dickie wrote:I'd love to see Scott Redding step up to MotoGP. He has the attitude and massive bollocks required. Nothing against Bradley but he hasn't done anything to deserve the Tech3 ride. :???
Not sure if it's true, but I heard Bradley brings some financial backing.

The Yamaha would have been a fine start for Scott in MotoGP. Too many good riders move up into a poor satellite team and never really get the chance to show their ability.
Dickie
Tank Slapper

Post by Dickie »

Big Little Dave wrote:I hope they give Cal a factory bike, then we should see some even better results from him
Cal's signed for Tech3 again, hopefully Yamaha will give him something very very close to a factory bike. It could be argued he'll be on the 3rd best bike on the grid. That's not bad.
Gazza wrote: Not sure if it's true, but I heard Bradley brings some financial backing.

The Yamaha would have been a fine start for Scott in MotoGP. Too many good riders move up into a poor satellite team and never really get the chance to show their ability.
It has to be a money thing and it's good to see British riders being able to compete on those terms with the Spanish and Italian guys, it's just that I think Scott would do a better job. Maybe I'm being unfair on Bradley though, because during qualifying yesterday it was pointed out how little development work has gone into his bike, hence the results.
Bubba13t
Direct Access

Post by Bubba13t »

Dickie wrote:
Cal's signed for Tech3 again, hopefully Yamaha will give him something very very close to a factory bike. It could be argued he'll be on the 3rd best bike on the grid. That's not bad.

3rd best? what about the 2 Repsol and Bradl factory Hondaz + 2 factory Yams, Cal will be on 6th best bike at best (but getting Rossis cast off upgrades that he doesnt like)
Dickie wrote:Maybe I'm being unfair on Bradley though, because during qualifying yesterday it was pointed out how little development work has gone into his bike, hence the results.
Really? Toby /Jules said there was a new aero fairing being used for Indy/Laguna worth MPH? extra
Dickie
Tank Slapper

Post by Dickie »

Uh-oh, we've got a badass here...
Bubba13t wrote: 3rd best? what about the 2 Repsol and Bradl factory Hondaz + 2 factory Yams, Cal will be on 6th best bike at best (but getting Rossis cast off upgrades that he doesnt like)
Genuine question, which is the better bike, the Yamaha or the Honda?

How close to factory will Cal's bike be?
Bubba13t wrote:Really? Toby /Jules said there was a new aero fairing being used for Indy/Laguna worth MPH? extra
Toby wasn't commentating during yesterday's qualifying but the point was raised, and Jules agreed, that Bradley's bike hadn't had as much development as the other leading Moto2 machines. Nobody said it had no development at all.
memini
Direct Access
Current Ride: Yamaha ycs1c and VFR V-teac

Post by memini »

rumoured that Scott redding is in talks with grescini honda
Bubba13t
Direct Access

Post by Bubba13t »

Dickie wrote:Uh-oh, we've got a badass here..
Eh? :roll
Dickie wrote:Genuine question, which is the better bike, the Yamaha or the <FONT COLOR="#FF00FF">Honda</FONT>?
Both are excellent but Hondaz put in extra development when Yam get too close (see last test after Mugello when they turned up with 2013 spec bikes to try)

Dickie wrote:How close to factory will Cal's bike be?
Not close enough to beat Rossi. i'm sure Vale will make sure of that (think of the field day the haters would have if Cal did beat him)
Dickie
Tank Slapper

Post by Dickie »

Bubba13t wrote:Both are excellent but Hondaz put in extra development when Yam get too close (see last test after Mugello when they turned up with 2013 spec bikes to try)
Honda are playing catch up, the Yamaha's the better package.

Bubba13t wrote:Not close enough to beat Rossi. i'm sure Vale will make sure of that (think of the field day the haters would have if Cal did beat him)
Now that we can agree on. I'd love to see what Cal could do on a 'Factory Satellite' bike, the kind of thing Simoncelli was given by Honda.