2015 Season

Give us your views on the world of Moto GP
Gazza
I don't believe it!
Current Ride: KTM 690 Duke

2015 Season

Post by Gazza »

Well what an awesome start. Like most, I was over the moon to see Valentino take the win.

It looks like Ducati will get a win this year along with Honda and Yamaha. We should be in with a good chance at the faster circuits like Mugello. I believe they will lose some of the extra fuel advantage once they get a win, which would reduce some of that extra power.

Marc is on the back foot right from the off and he'll have to work hard for a bit at least if he wants to catch up. Lorenzo is already whinging, which doesn't bode well for him (based on last season). Doesn't like getting beat by his teammate for sure.

Lastly, Suzuki turned out better than most would have thought.

Roll on Texas.
al
Mass Debater
Current Ride: Space Hopper

Re: 2015 Season

Post by al »

The lower fuel limit for Ducati is now in place, I believe, due to them now having 4 podium finishes.

Danni is being replaced for a while due to his arm pump issues.

I wonder if anything will happen to Marc after his overtake on the Aprilia damaged the front brakes and sensors. I seem to remember him getting into trouble for coming together with Danni and damaging his bike a couple of years ago.

Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian) in all, it was a riveting race. All 3 classes were excellent. Can't wait till the next one.

Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian).
Gazza
I don't believe it!

Post by Gazza »

Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian) wrote:The lower fuel limit for Ducati is now in place, I believe, due to them now having 4 podium finishes.
http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2015/03/3 ... ums/173050

We'll have to see how it affects their top speed on the 1.2 km back straight at Austin. Dovi was third there last year (behind Marc and Danny).
Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian) wrote: I wonder if anything will happen to Marc after his overtake on the Aprilia damaged the front brakes and sensors. I seem to remember him getting into trouble for coming together with Danni and damaging his bike a couple of years ago.
He was lucky not to be given a ride through at the time. But after so long, it would seem he got away with it. Bautista was never going to be in the running anyway.
Gazza
I don't believe it!

Post by Gazza »

Another outstanding ride by Valentino! Marcus beaten by experience and tactics. a 30 point gap means he'll have his work cut out for a while. With a half second a lap disadvantage an older head would probably have let Vale through and taken the safe 20 points. Jorge failed to impress yet again and I wonder what psychological damage Vale is dishing out.

Great to see Cal on the podium, a Suzuki at the front and Scott in the top 10. All in another great GP.
al
Mass Debater

Post by al »

:2up
Gazza
I don't believe it!

Post by Gazza »

Marc breaks a finger...

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2015/04/2 ... ure/174529

My gut feeling is he'll race. But how fast will he be and can he hold up for the full race? We'll just have to wait and see.

Come on Vale!
Gazza
I don't believe it!

Post by Gazza »

Once again a fantastic Moto3 race at Mugello. The circuit never fails to deliver in the smaller classes where slip-streaming is king. 15-20 riders challenging for the podium throughout and 10 abreast into the first corner every lap. Another great finish for Danny Kent in second. Just being on the podium is a complete lottery draw at Mugello, so well done Danny. Maybe our first British GP champion since Barry Sheene 28 years ago!

As for the big race, an awesome do or die challenge from Marc. Up to the front from 13th in just one lap. Unfortunately maturity still gets the better of him. The Honda is not working right just now and he should have taken the safe points. Now he has a very big lead to chase down, but I wouldn't count him out yet. Honda have a problem with engine power delivery and they aren't allowed to change that, but they can change the chassis to cope... and they will. Meantime he just needs to bag as many points without falling off.

Once again Jorge was absolutely dominant. Letting him get away at the front is never a good idea. With Marc, Dovi and Maniac Joe fighting it out for second place he was allowed choose the racing line and get away. Meanwhile another superb catch up by Vale. The way he saved that slide whilst fighting with Cal was stunning. If only he could qualify further up the field.

Don't miss Catalunya in 2 weeks. Another fantastic venue.
al
Mass Debater

Post by al »

:2up
willian
Late Braker
Current Ride: versatile system type bike....

Post by willian »

Cracking race on Sunday, Rossi wishing there was another 6 laps.....

Affa near miss with Marquez almost taking out Lorenzo :eek
Coully
Knee Flapper
Current Ride: 1988 CBR 600FL jellymould Gone
1990 VFR 750FL - Gone
1999 VFR 800Fix -Gone
2006 K1200s

Post by Coully »

its good and bad, that there are so many fine riders on the track with differing styles.

Marquez, daring youthful and exuberant, willing to go for quite breathtaking overtakes
Lorenzo, methodical consistent (dare i say the schumacher of bikes?) get infront and just pull away, he used to be may favourite but sometimes I question his stomach for a fight
Rossi - GOAT, the wife loves his interviews
Pedrosa - Not a fan admittedly but really,... quite possibly the worlds most expensive data collection tool
The Andreas - Iannone/Dovi, some good stuff watching them get stuck in
Bradley smith - Really become a fan of his of late, beating up his Yamaha contracted teammate, and getting stuck into crutchlow for top satellite
Crutchlow - just keep it on the track cal please
Redding - If he can just crack that rcv
Hayden - You have to hand it to him , he's ALWAYS positive

I know there are more riders out there this was just a selection of my favourites off the top of my head, naturally lowes in 2 and danny kent in 3 are doing sterling jobs
Gazza
I don't believe it!

Post by Gazza »

Check out this slo-mo of Marc. Note that his right hand stays pinned whilst the bike starts to slide....

Awesome

willian
Late Braker

Post by willian »

Gazza wrote:Check out this slo-mo of Marc. Note that his right hand stays pinned whilst the bike starts to slide....

Awesome

be interesting to see the Moto GP guys have a go at Speedway :log
al
Mass Debater

Post by al »

Just a reminder incase, like me, you forgot that the Assen GP race is on Saturday and NOT Sunday!

Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian).
Gazza
I don't believe it!

Post by Gazza »

Yet another classic display by Valentino just as some folk are ready to right him off (again).
Great to see him up in pole position for once. :2up
willian
Late Braker

Post by willian »

Gazza wrote:Yet another classic display by Valentino just as some folk are ready to right him off (again).
Great to see him up in pole position for once. :2up
Yep, had Marques in his pocket the whole time in my opinion . :2up
Coully
Knee Flapper
Current Ride: 1988 CBR 600FL jellymould Gone
1990 VFR 750FL - Gone
1999 VFR 800Fix -Gone
2006 K1200s

Post by Coully »

Michael Laverty to replace Marco Melandri this weekend, hope he gets longer on the bike/with the team.
2 brothers racing in the same class with sort of similar machinery (i mean they'll be nearer the back but thats got to be cool!)