Mark Buckley Kawasaki 2010

Forum from the scary world or road racing!
Sheep24
Chopper
Current Ride: Kawasaki ER6supertwin & super stock 675R

Mark Buckley Kawasaki 2010

Post by Sheep24 »

From Realroadracing.com
Mark Buckley had started the 2009 season in high spirits due to substantial upgrades to his team structure which included brand new Yamaha machinery. This was also boosted by Buckley's new physical and mental state which was totally transformed with the support of Cameron House on Loch Lomond www.devere.co.uk. They along with there proficient staff coached Buckley through the various stages of his physical overhaul. His season had many highlights such as a top ten at the Isle of Man TT. After many race wins and podiums his season had its grand finale in Macau where Buckley excelled on the Jentin Racing Yamaha and was then signed to re join the British Superbike team there again in 2010.

2010 race plans are already well under way with Buckley having an association with Kawasaki, and will be riding Supersport, Superstock and Superbike machines which have proven there self on the world stage. Buckley has turned down offers to join other more established teams within the paddock to concentrate on building his own team which he reformed in 2009. This decision was backed up by his impressive array of results in the 2009 season which has been his best to date in his career.

As well as running and riding in his own team Mark is in negotiations with other teams for different events such as the TTXGP (Electric bike race) for 2010, where last year he finished 3rd entering the history books in the World's first Zero emissions Grand Prix. The American team Brammo want to retain the services of Buckley in aspiration of winning the event.

For the first time he will be competing in the Manx GP aboard a brand new Suzuki XR69 F1 works replica (news to follow). The season will kick off properly in March when Buckley and his team head to the Spanish coast to take part in a week long testing programme in preparation for his first race which will be April 4th.This years programme will see Buckley race at a whole host of different events including Scarborough, Southern 100, Aberdare Park, Manx GP and many more with the emphasis being on the 3 Internationals.

Mark added: “Once again its all systems go and let me tell you, it’s not before time. The off season must be the worst time of the year for me as racing is in my blood and when I am not on the bike I get withdrawal symptoms. That aside, I am 100% focused for the year ahead with new bikes, new manufacturer and a hunger to win. It’s all shaping up to be a cracking season.”

Mark and the team would like to welcome Shirlaws motorcycles (www.shirlaws.com) on board for 2010 and look forward to working as partners throughout the season. Shirlaws, and its owner Roy Shirlaw, has a rich history in motorcycle racing spanning back many years from his fathers days in racing, through Roys successful racing career and now the new generation in the shape of Craig Shirlaw, Roy's son, who is already showing great potential.

Mark and his team are always working flat-out in preparation for each event and strive to achieve a professional image both on and off the circuit. To reach his goals Mark is constantly trying to secure funding and hopefully now that he has established himself as a sporting talent and also ranks eminently at International level, that he will get the much needed support required. Mark and his team would be thrilled if anyone would like to discuss further the possibility of being a partner and helping him reach the next step of his career.