Sore wrist

Graeme
International Man of Mystery
Current Ride: GSX-R750

Re: Sore wrist

Post by Graeme »

Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian) wrote:slipper clutches are for gurls ........ discuss! :arse
My bikes getting on a bit now so mine is a pipe & slippers clutch ;)
Zathos
Mr Magpie
Current Ride: Aprilia Tuono Factory R

Post by Zathos »

The Honda does clutchless changes no problem :2up

Don't think I will be trying that on the thrumpet though :nono
al
Mass Debater
Current Ride: Space Hopper

Post by al »

Zathos wrote:The Honda does clutchless changes no problem :2up
That'll explain the puffs of blue smoke when you change gear then! ;)
CBRXX
Tank Slapper
Current Ride: decisions decisions

Post by CBRXX »

swampy wrote:Clutchless is OK if you get it right, and at the right times. I do use the clutch going up when riding slowly and in town. When getting a move on, and higher in the revs a couple of mm off-throttle and a toe forward results in a quick, smoth and positive change.

It works for me and I know that it has the potential to wear the selector ?guides? but I've never had a problem. Then again I don't tend to keep my bikes very long.

This is my take on it, I'm sure someone will have a different view.
:stupid

Although sometimes I subconsiously give the clutch a two fingered dab when bouncing off the limiter on the way up,
I tend to find I hardly use the clutch at all up or down when nipping on off road on the enduro but am on it all the time in the knarly stuff through the trees.
tho I do tend to keep bikes I like for quite a few years and even tho I do tend to have to rebuild quite them quite often this has never been a cause for a repair yet
johncat68
Tube steak
Current Ride: 2012 zzr1400

Post by johncat68 »

remember reading this post and thought sore wrists and pins and needles was down too riding position ect
went too docs today and reason nothing too do with position on bike but carpal tunnel syndrome
wish was just riding position as could have changed that

http://www.mycarpaltunnel.com/content/c ... rome.shtml
Coddy
Chavtastic!
Current Ride: 2011 Ecosse Arr Waan SP Special.
Location: I did see the speed limit officer, i just didn't see you....

Post by Coddy »

Carpal tunnel is what a lot of racers suffer with. More commonly known as arm pump.

If pins and needles, some folk find putting heavier bar end weights on can stop this tingling, as the bike must be in that annoying rev range where there is a vibration going through your bars.

As for sore wrists, you a probably gripping onto the bars too tightly. Try loosening your grip slightly. You will probably need to conciously be aware of doing this.
I noticed that on the R1, i would get a sore left wrist if going through town where i was stop starting, but was more down to having shorter levers, and holding in the clutch lever.

As for shiftless changes, do this most of the time when going up the box, but as Grant says, not 1st to 2nd, as it is jerky. Use clutch all the time going down box.
al
Mass Debater
Current Ride: Space Hopper

Post by al »

Coddy wrote:Carpal tunnel is what a lot of racers suffer with. More commonly known as arm pump.
Carpal tunnel syndrome is otherwise known as repetative strain injury. Arm pump is a form of muscle fatigue.
johncat68
Tube steak
Current Ride: 2012 zzr1400

Post by johncat68 »

:cheers coddy. yeah loosening grip does help when on bike
but getting it at any time now and not just on bike
andy92
Direct Access
Current Ride: VFR 800

Post by andy92 »

teamemmenracing wrote:clutch lever is a good idea .......
other one is riding position ... idea is to have no weight at all on your wrists, try finding a position where your supported entirely by bum, feet, knees, tank ........ elbows should be well bent, not straight. If you can do that, you may find that the bike steers a lot sharper as well ........

what do I know anyway ...... just an idea
Got to agree, just relax. Easiest way I can describe it is to lay your hands on the handlebars as opposed to gripping them to death. Your elbows should be below the height of your hands, again arms relaxed which should in turn relax your shoulders/upper body.

Works for me anyway.