Tip time...preparation...

Dave
Enjoys a nice shaft!
Current Ride: Big sensible pretty bikes with big smooth tyres,
Small bikes with small lumpy tyres and a truck with HUGE lumpy tyres !

Tip time...preparation...

Post by Dave »

One of the basic things that can be done before a run, is preparation.

Nothing is easier than sussing out the weather, thinking about which vehicle to use, then which kit to wear.

With the modern wonders of the inter-world-net-web-wide-thing...taking account of the weather is easy, but there is nothing as accurate as looking out the window...yes accurate, very accurate at the time but not so good at forecasting, especially if a few miles are involved.

When you do the appropriate preparation as you feel fit, chosen the correct vehicle, be it a motorbike, car, 4x4, pickup, whatever, then the correct clothing for that vehicle, you can with confidence head out on your journey...

This morning when things were looking shiny, dry and bright, I prepared as I deemed necessary, using the good old window as a basis for my prep!...well it is the most accurate for the actual conditions locally at the time.

So this evening, thru the rain, then slush mixed with hail, and finishing with a bit of snow, I was wondering if the FZ1N was the correct vehicle choice !
...by the way, the “N” stands for “naked”, as in feck all protection, feck all screen, feck all hand guards, feck all heated grips, or heated anything.

But, I was smiling when riding thru the flooded roads, well you have to laugh :log :log

So my tip is... use the IWNWWT (or the www as many people ref to it), to sus out the basics before you travel .

PS...Hail hurts when hitting the fingers between the glove protection bits :(
Snoop
Baw Bag
Current Ride: B.M.W R1200gs

Re: Tip time...preparation...

Post by Snoop »

There you go another subliminal message from the GS, Hand protection, Heated Grips, Wind protection, are you sure your making the the Right chioce :log :log
Dave
Enjoys a nice shaft!

Post by Dave »

The f'orce is not strong with the panzer !

A few times I have walked the bike shed...panzer keys in hand...but...but the fun side has taken over...and I have headed off on another machine ...dam that fun side of the farce ...dam it :biggrin2 :biggrin2
Dave
Enjoys a nice shaft!

Post by Dave »

And dam that site admin with the power of the “admin”...auto text change with the power of the farce....the farce of the site that is :log :log :log
Dave
Enjoys a nice shaft!

Post by Dave »

Snoop wrote:There you go another subliminal message from the GS, Hand protection, Heated Grips, Wind protection, are you sure your making the the Right chioce :log :log

The farce of the additions, the comfort, and the add-on heating, and the screens... may be strong with the PANZER...but, the farce of the fun will prevail and the f’oorce of fun will win in the end !!
It will..ha ha... :log :log
haiax0
Tank Slapper
Current Ride: Ducati Hypermotard

Post by haiax0 »

I can look all I want at the IWNWWT.. but without the luxury of a choice of vehicles / attire.. its really not worth knowing whats looming :roll