Meta alarms

Best tyres, Suspension setup, Accessories...
Tones
Knee Flapper
Current Ride: Duc ST4

Meta alarms

Post by Tones »

Anyone know if it's easy enough to disconnect a meta1 alarm?

Went to get the bike today, bleeped the alarm off, ignition on, hit the starter button and nothing.....zip....

Yes I checked the kill switch :log

I'm assuming it's the imobilizer part. It should rearm itself after 25 seconds even if the ignition is on but engine off, not doing that. Switched ignition off while it was unarmed and the indicators started flashing as if it had tripped the alarm. Any ideas on what's wrong with it, or know how to disconnect?
torrybiker
Direct Access
Current Ride: suzuki gsxr 1000k4 black/silver

Re: Meta alarms

Post by torrybiker »

nae that bad mate got to disconnect the red wires that go to the ignition and fuel pump. ;) doug
wiz
Direct Access

Post by wiz »

Which meta system is it?
I had a problem with my meta 351 and managed to get a wiring diagram to bridge the connections to get the bike going again.
Tones
Knee Flapper
Current Ride: Duc ST4

Post by Tones »

M357T V2

but I have found if I grab through the right side fairing at a mass of cables and give a certain cable a yank, the bike fires up no probs! loose connection that I haven't had time to look into (I'll be so glad when the kids go back to school!)

Alarm working as intended (old dears cat turned white when it tried to sharpen its claws on my seat apparently :log ) but no one will be able to start it if they try to nick it, even if I leave the keys in it! so I shouldn't really complain now I know how to get around it

I was told that merely disconnecting it at the battery wouldn't work due to the imobiliser /shrug but thanks Torrybiker :cool