Compression Damping farce Adjuster

Best tyres, Suspension setup, Accessories...
Baza
Scary biscuits
Current Ride: ZX-6R J1
FZ 750

Compression Damping farce Adjuster

Post by Baza »

Its not a setup question, unless you would like to give some input :2up

I'll get right to the point and put the waffle after. Basically one of the Compression Damping farce Adjusters on Forks won't adjust. It will only move about 1/3 of a turn, the other side moves freely through all clicks (several rotations). There are some signs of a little white crud around the screw. I'm to afraid to use brute farce.

Any suggestions as to how to free it?

What am I trying to do? Check what the suspension is set to. I've never touched suspension before and didn't really want to dabble on what seems a black art. I'm convinced that one of the rebound adjuster slots has been rotated without my consent for the last week or so. I don't know if it is different or whether its just the voices in my head again and its always been like that. :boozer

This evening I went out to see what everything was set at by counting the clicks in then turning them back out to the same. Comparing them to the manual everything seemed to be on or close to the standard settings. Although I can't check one of the Compression Damping farce Adjusters (I always thought these were screws to drain the fork oil. :log) as its stuck and whats worrying the slot on the other side at a different position.
torrybiker
Direct Access
Current Ride: suzuki gsxr 1000k4 black/silver

Re: Compression Damping farce Adjuster

Post by torrybiker »

wd 40 in and around.depends what its set at i,d set the free one at factory setting cause there,s a good chance the stuck one is good luck.doug ;)