Anyone had Maxxis tyres

Best tyres, Suspension setup, Accessories...
Flamedamper
Tube steak
Current Ride: Gsxr 750

Anyone had Maxxis tyres

Post by Flamedamper »

I'm looking at these tyres anyone on here had them if so what are your thoughts.
I'm on Bridgestone's at the moment which have been very good around 3500 miles and around £160 to replace.
The MAXXIS SuperMaxx Tyres are £121 the set.

Also if buying online will locals fit them for me????

http://www.thefastone.co.uk/products.asp?cat=117
flipper
Scary biscuits
Current Ride: 2 red a black an a white

Re: Anyone had Maxxis tyres

Post by flipper »

Fitted Maxxis Goldspeeds to my now gone Supermoto. Never rode it enough to give an opinion, they got good reports on most of the supermoto forums I looked at.
As to getting them fitted just take yer wheels or the bike to Sillets and he will fit no probs.
steve
Tank Slapper
Current Ride: Hmmm I wonder

Post by steve »

i dont know anything about maxxis tyres but for that price i would be sceptical , i guess it depends on what type of bike you own and how you ride it :eek
doogle
Baw Bag
Current Ride: ZXR750L2,CBR600FX

Post by doogle »

iv seen r1,s with them but you get what you pay for.
coullstar
Bull Sh!tter

Post by coullstar »

I use the Maxxis Goldspeeds for the racing and there bloody good. On par with if not better than Dunlop, Michelin etc.
They did a test in PerfBike with these and IIRC for a normal rider there is no difference to extablished brands.
Flamedamper
Tube steak

Post by Flamedamper »

JT52 wrote:i dont know anything about maxxis tyres but for that price i would be sceptical , i guess it depends on what type of bike you own and how you ride it :eek
Bandit 650, I'm no hard rapid fast rider but I'm no snail either ;) , so I might give them a try, see how they feel and what mileage I get.

Thanks for all your points. :2up
doug1000k4
Direct Access
Current Ride: gsxr 1000k4

Post by doug1000k4 »

was in seeing rob last week for some tyre,s for the car and sure he telt me he wont be changing tyres
for folks that turn up with bike and their own tyres,but will still do loose wheels. :(
flipper
Scary biscuits
Current Ride: 2 red a black an a white

Post by flipper »

doug1000k4 wrote:was in seeing rob last week for some tyre,s for the car and sure he telt me he wont be changing tyres
for folks that turn up with bike and their own tyres,but will still do loose wheels. :(
Thats not good, I have used him for tyres he supplied and also my own tyres
doug1000k4
Direct Access
Current Ride: gsxr 1000k4

Post by doug1000k4 »

flipper wrote:
doug1000k4 wrote:was in seeing rob last week for some tyre,s for the car and sure he telt me he wont be changing tyres
Thats not good, I have used him for tyres he supplied and also my own tyres
know what you mean i get race pairs cheap occasionally he said he,d still do them but i go in with my loose wheels and
tyres.so if you leave em i think you,d be ok he said some folks had been taking the piss and he,d had enough of the hassle the mans busy enough selling an fitting his own tyres i wouldnt be doing it if it was my choice either. ;)
buggles
Direct Access
Current Ride: gsxr 1000 streetfighter,aprila, gsxr750streetfighter,FirePlace streetfighter and a quad bike

Post by buggles »

hi, i can do you a pair of avons for your bandit for £120, cheers buggles
Sillett
Direct Access
Current Ride: Big Black and 18hh's!!

Post by Sillett »

To clarify................. We will NOT under any circumstances fit OWN tyres (tyres which you have bought from another supplier) onto your bike, you can bring in loose wheels BUT these must be left with a telephone number and you will get a call as and when they have BEEN DONE, we will try our best to have them done same day but we have decided that if folk are buying tyres from us why should they wait longer in the que, for those of you who argue you can get them cheaper off the internet I will match those prices BUT you will have to get them fitted elsewhere (same deal as internet!) or if you want them fitted pay the going rate, we realise the price of bike tyres has increased again and this is why we are offering the loose wheel discount price to try and help your pocket and our time, please check web site on this.

Any questions please feel free to get in touch!
Akrapovic
ZZR1400.....Just like a Golf
Current Ride: ZX10R and MT-10.
Location: Either grafting, down the pub, being a hermit or at a track-day.

Post by Akrapovic »

And breathe Bev. :log
Flamedamper
Tube steak

Post by Flamedamper »

buggles wrote:hi, i can do you a pair of avons for your bandit for £120, cheers buggles
Cheers for the offer Buggles, but decided to go the less hassle route and pay sillett a visit. :cheers
McWullie
Armchair Biker
Current Ride: Santa Cruz Chameleon
Location: running away from Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian)

Post by McWullie »

For things like tyres I wouldn't use the internet if you get any problems down the line you can't take them back so easily.

When I bought the ZX6R I had two new tyres on it!! rode them for about 1000miles and the back tyre didn't look rite!! Took it back to where it was fitted & got a brand new back tyre!! Couldn't have done this if I got it off the net!!