Headlight bulb

Best tyres, Suspension setup, Accessories...
bergenhaus
Direct Access
Current Ride: Kawasaki ER6F '06

Headlight bulb

Post by bergenhaus »

My dipped beam bulb has gone on my ER6F and I don't know whether it's an H4 or H7 bulb. In the handbook it helpfully :roll just states the wattage and I don't want to go fiddling about with the headlight more than once because it looks like it will be a bit of a pain in the arse. Anybody know which type it should be?
Also is the main/full beam bulb the same? I may as well get a pair of bright bulbs because it works out better value for money.
Any help much appreciated!
al
Mass Debater
Current Ride: Space Hopper

Re: Headlight bulb

Post by al »

bergenhaus wrote:My dipped beam bulb has gone on my ER6F and I don't know whether it's an H4 or H7 bulb. In the handbook it helpfully :roll just states the wattage and I don't want to go fiddling about with the headlight more than once because it looks like it will be a bit of a pain in the arse. Anybody know which type it should be?
Also is the main/full beam bulb the same? I may as well get a pair of bright bulbs because it works out better value for money.
Any help much appreciated!
If the bulb is dual filament (3 wires going to the connector at the back of the bulb and the same bulb is used for dipped and full beam) then it will be an H4). An H7 bulb is the same physical size but is only single filament and will only have two wires going to the connector. If your bike uses H7 bulbs then you will have separate dipped beam and full beam bulbs.

Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian).
bergenhaus
Direct Access
Current Ride: Kawasaki ER6F '06

Post by bergenhaus »

Ah thanks.

I knew the connections were different but I couldn't see without taking stuff apart. Didn't know that it was one or two filaments so that makes it simpler!
H7 it is then. I'll consult the 'Ride' magazine which reviewed about a million bulbs a month ago :P
al
Mass Debater
Current Ride: Space Hopper

Post by al »

bergenhaus wrote:Ah thanks.

I knew the connections were different but I couldn't see without taking stuff apart. Didn't know that it was one or two filaments so that makes it simpler!
H7 it is then. I'll consult the 'Ride' magazine which reviewed about a million bulbs a month ago :P
I've bought bulbs for my bikes and car from this place before - http://www.powerbulbs.com/

If you're lucky they'll thrown in a set of philips sidelights as well!

Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian).
McWullie
Armchair Biker
Current Ride: Santa Cruz Chameleon
Location: running away from Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian)

Post by McWullie »

bergenhaus wrote:I'll consult the 'Ride' magazine which reviewed about a millionbulbs a month ago :P
Thought you only needed one :arse
Yamahahaha
Scary biscuits
Current Ride: 2007 Yamaha R.1

Post by Yamahahaha »

bergenhaus wrote:Ah thanks.

I have the same Ride edition and top of the poll was Philips X-Treme Power. I would buy the pair and keep one spare, but the spare will gather dust as these last ages.
missile
Candle in the wind.
Current Ride: Virtual rider

Post by missile »

I have an h4 and an h7 free if you can wait until the 16th when I am next in Aberfreeze