No rear brake after stripping & cleaning?!

Best tyres, Suspension setup, Accessories...
Zathos
Mr Magpie
Current Ride: Aprilia Tuono Factory R

Re: No rear brake after stripping & cleaning?!

Post by Zathos »

Dave wrote:A mate of mine recently admitted to being addicted to brake fluid. When I quizzed him on it he reckoned he could stop any time.....

:biggrin2

Stop that right now :nono
Dave
Enjoys a nice shaft!
Current Ride: Big sensible pretty bikes with big smooth tyres,
Small bikes with small lumpy tyres and a truck with HUGE lumpy tyres !

Post by Dave »

Zathos wrote:
Dave wrote:A mate of mine recently admitted to being addicted to brake fluid. When I quizzed him on it he reckoned he could stop any time.....

I will stop if I want to :freebird
RK6
Would you like a mushroom?
Current Ride: Hypermotard SP

Post by RK6 »

Dave wrote:
Zathos wrote:

I will stop if I want to :freebird
Unlike Ronz. :log
grossohc
Direct Access

Post by grossohc »

Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian) wrote:
The main thing is that mistake was spotted before anyone was injured and I think there are a couple of lessons to be taken from this -
1. Never rush a job on your bike as it is your life and other road users that could be at risk.
2. Never let Ronz work on his bike without adult.
I couldnt believe what i just read, but ronz will probably never balls up like that again. But even pro,s get it wrong. When eddie lawson crashed in1990 at high speed on the laguna seca racetrack it was found that his mechanic had forgotten to put the brake caliper pins in!!!!!. When kenny roberts said do you want the mechanic sacked, he replied " hell no, he wont do that again"
Ronz
Dummy Spitter
Current Ride: 2010 Triumph SpeedMonster

Post by Ronz »

grossohc wrote:[quote="Big limp wristed Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian) (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian)"]

The main thing is that mistake was spotted before anyone was injured and I think there are a couple of lessons to be taken from this -
1. Never rush a job on your bike as it is your life and other road users that could be at risk.
2. Never let Ronz work on his bike without adult.
I couldnt believe what i just read, but ronz will probably never balls up like that again. But even pro,s get it wrong. When eddie lawson crashed in1990 at high speed on the laguna seca racetrack it was found that his mechanic had forgotten to put the brake caliper pins in!!!!!. When kenny roberts said do you want the mechanic sacked, he replied " hell no, he wont do that again"[/quote]

Great story, I'd forgotten about that one. :2up