advice on removing an acumen immobiliser

Best tyres, Suspension setup, Accessories...
lawzer
Just Passed

advice on removing an acumen immobiliser

Post by lawzer »

people,
my chum at work decided to "remove" the acumen alarm fitted to his 1200 bandit.
he must have stood up too quick when he did this operation as he just cut all the wires.....bap ring piece.....

anyway, now when he pushes the starter, the starter motor turns but no spark.
i believe that the original side stand switch is replaced and there's some sort of suzuki "short out" gizmo that needs to be put back on.

any one got any advice (don't worry - i've called him a baaaaaaaheed for cutting the wires already!)
al
Mass Debater
Current Ride: Space Hopper

Re: advice on removing an acumen immobiliser

Post by al »

lawzer wrote:people,
my chum at work decided to "remove" the acumen alarm fitted to his 1200 bandit.
he must have stood up too quick when he did this operation as he just cut all the wires.....bap ring piece.....

anyway, now when he pushes the starter, the starter motor turns but no spark.
i believe that the original side stand switch is replaced and there's some sort of suzuki "short out" gizmo that needs to be put back on.

any one got any advice (don't worry - i've called him a baaaaaaaheed for cutting the wires already!)
Do it the same way any ned would. Just trace the black wires back to the loom. If the black wire attaches to a wire and T's into that wire without the loom wire being cut then you can safely cut back the black wire and insulate it. There could be 2 if not three of these wires (0V, 12V, and an ignition sense wire)

For black wires that join onto original wires in the loom as an extension to the original loom wire then you need to carefully identify the colours of the original loom wires. You should find that two of the black wires connect to the same colour of wires in the loom. What you do then is cut back the black wires short enough to join them together and effectivly bridge where the original wire has been cut ( you will need to use some of the black wire as the original wire will have been shortened by being cut and joined onto the imobilisier wires.)

Repeat that for all the remaining pairs of black wires.

All going well, you will have passed NED level 1 certificate in vehicle electrics.

Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian).
Cossackmannie
Indeed!
Current Ride: 1979 DT175MX
1987 Big Mans Wanger K75S
1981 GP100
2005 Jianshe JC90 Dax copy with Lifan 125 motor
Location: In the garage, looking for that 2.65 valve shim I just dropped..

Post by Cossackmannie »

I replied to his ad on Gumtree offering pretty much the same advice as Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian).Hope he gets sorted soon :2up

(We should have enough examples for a 'Black Museum of Mechanical Faux-pas' or a 'How NOT to Guide' on here by now! ;))
Dave
Enjoys a nice shaft!
Current Ride: Big sensible pretty bikes with big smooth tyres,
Small bikes with small lumpy tyres and a truck with HUGE lumpy tyres !

Post by Dave »

Cossackmannie wrote:
(We should have enough examples for a 'Black Museum of Mechanical Faux-pas' or a 'How NOT to Guide' on here by now! ;))

so many examples, so few contributors :log :log
Crazy Turbo Beast
Chopper
Current Ride: Honda CBR600RR

Post by Crazy Turbo Beast »

Just leave it in northfield for an hour.

Both the bike and immobiliser will be removed...