gpx exhaust

Best tyres, Suspension setup, Accessories...
Dowd1
Direct Access
Current Ride: Kawasaki GPX 600 R 1995
Kawasaki ZZR 600 1992

gpx exhaust

Post by Dowd1 »

Hello guys being a new comer to the biking world in recent times I could be doing with some info/advice. Im going to be rebuilding my 1995 Kawasaki gpx 600 r this winter and would like to replace the motad nexxus rust bucket of an exhaust for something else. Would like to put on a carbon style can but not sure what type would go on to the stainless 4 into 1 pipes it has on it. Loads of exhausts on the internet but no joy with gpx stuff. If any one has any good ideas and suggestions it would be great to hear from you. Many thanks
Dowd
steve
Tank Slapper
Current Ride: Hmmm I wonder

Re: gpx exhaust

Post by steve »

Have you tried searching for a forum that is specific to your make/model of bike ? In the past I've found these forums to be a great help with some problem solving
Dowd1
Direct Access
Kawasaki ZZR 600 1992

Post by Dowd1 »

Not yet but I will go try that now thank you. :cheers
RK6
Would you like a mushroom?
Current Ride: Hypermotard SP

Post by RK6 »

Aftermarket cans are (more often than not) interchangeable between bikes with the linkpipe being the real bike specific part. Might be worth searching for a suitable linkpipe, determining the diameter of the outlet then searching for a can to match. :2up
Dowd1
Direct Access
Kawasaki ZZR 600 1992

Post by Dowd1 »

Cheers chief I will go hunting for that then Ive had no luck with the gpx forums Motad nexxus is all they seem to come up with on all of them. Hunting link pipe I will go. Ta muchly
al
Mass Debater
Current Ride: Space Hopper

Post by al »

Unless you try and cobble something together then Motad is probably the only place you will find an older model like yours listed. For the mainstream manufacturers it is a supply and demand game. As your bike is 15 years old they may be lucky if they sell one a year so it isn't worth them carrying stock. Motad build their exhausts to order.

Motad do sell a "universal" Venom road legal sports end can which is available in GP guise with a carbon tip. As I say, they build their exhausts to order so it wouldn't do any harm to contact them directly and they may be able to sort something out for you and advise of what will fit your stainless steel headers.

Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian).
Dowd1
Direct Access
Kawasaki ZZR 600 1992

Post by Dowd1 »

I will try them again for what you have suggested many thanks too ya. :cheers