Striple Centre Stand

Best tyres, Suspension setup, Accessories...
haiax0
Tank Slapper
Current Ride: Ducati Hypermotard

Striple Centre Stand

Post by haiax0 »

As tittle.. im looking for some advice on the striple 675, This bike does not come with a maintenance centre stand but i know you can get and fit aftermarket parts etc.

Looking to see if any one has fitted one already? I will have a belly pan fitted and wonder if this would get in the way.. not having the bike to hand and being stuck offshore its hard to tell..

Any ideas?

If not maybe a paddock stand would be the way forward.. but ideally wanted to have the centre stand if possible.

appreciate your advice - Andy
Dee
Direct Access
Current Ride: 2014 Triumph Daytona 675
2014 Triumph Street Triple R

Re: Striple Centre Stand

Post by Dee »

I use an Abba stand on my Street Triple and it's fantastic. Probably cheaper than an aftermarket centre stand too, and you can use it on multiple bikes. :2up
haiax0
Tank Slapper

Post by haiax0 »

abba stands do look good - personally I dont know the advantages of one compared with a paddock stand?

Good sugestion but its flaw its flaw is its for home maintenance etc and only of use when you have it to hand.. not so good if im ooot and abooot!
JTC
Cumpy Grunt
Current Ride: ~~~~~~~
Ducati ST4 (SOLD)
Ducati 749 (SOLD)
CBR400RR NC29 (SOLD)
ZX10R -Lulu (SOLD -sob)
Sprint STD 1050 -Bertha (SOLD)
Ducati 848 - Lucia (SOLD)
Ducati Hypermotard 796
Ducati 748R - Bunty

Post by JTC »

honestly cant see what youd need a a centre stand for when you're oot and aboot
Akrapovic
ZZR1400.....Just like a Golf
Current Ride: ZX10R and MT-10.
Location: Either grafting, down the pub, being a hermit or at a track-day.

Post by Akrapovic »

Paddock stands all day long. :2up
Gazza
I don't believe it!
Current Ride: KTM 690 Duke

Post by Gazza »

As tyres have improved and lean angles gotten higher centre stands have died a death on most sports bikes. Even in the days I rode around on Triumph Bonnevilles the centre stand was constantly digging into the road.

Better off with a paddock stand, which is more useful for maintenance. As mentioned above, why would you want a centre stand when oot and aboot? On soft surfaces a sidestand pad (or an old tin etc) is fine for parking up and less likely to throw you down the road when you're keeled over.
g.cowen
Scary biscuits
Current Ride: 2012 KTM 990 SMT
VW Amarok
'91 750 Guzzi project...

Post by g.cowen »

Aye, centre stands look pish, get in the way, esp. with a bellypan, add weight, etcc. dont need it. Get a paddock stand for the shed. Works for my striple...
haiax0
Tank Slapper

Post by haiax0 »

Thanks for the advice it is all appreciated.. I tended to use the VFR cenre stands allot when I was out and about scotland for long runs / holliday - sometimes I would be at my parents for the weekend and would get in about the chain for a clean etc..

I guess nothing that couldnt wait till I got home! Looks like a paddock stand is the way forward then :2up
Gazza
I don't believe it!
Current Ride: KTM 690 Duke

Post by Gazza »

Not sure if this works for a Striple, but what I've always done to lubricate a chain without a stand is to rock the bike forward and left, such that it's weight is supported by the front wheel and side stand only, with the rear wheel in the air. A second person can then easily rotate and lubricate.
Akrapovic
ZZR1400.....Just like a Golf
Current Ride: ZX10R and MT-10.
Location: Either grafting, down the pub, being a hermit or at a track-day.

Post by Akrapovic »

Gazza wrote:Not sure if this works for a Striple, but what I've always done to lubricate a chain without a stand is to rock the bike forward and left, such that it's weight is supported by the front wheel and side stand only, with the rear wheel in the air. A second person can then easily rotate and lubricate.
Just remember when doing this manoeuvre (which does work well) is to steady the stand with your right foot to stop it lifting and it all ending in disaster!!

Just buy a paddock stand and have done with it. Great for cleaning the bike too.
Feckdeamon
Scary biscuits
Current Ride: Tuono V4R

Post by Feckdeamon »

+1 for Abba stand, awesome thing. Pretty vital with single sided swingarm too, or I'd never get the wheel off!
metallninja
Big Nose
Current Ride: CB1000R

Post by metallninja »

Dee wrote:I use an Abba stand on my Street Triple and it's fantastic. Probably cheaper than an aftermarket centre stand too, and you can use it on multiple bikes. :2up
Abba stand for me too :2up
missile
Candle in the wind.
Current Ride: Virtual rider

Post by missile »

On my 675, I used to lubricate the accessible chain and sprokets then move the bike and lube (I can't believe it's not butter!) the rest.
Fagin
Direct Access
Current Ride: 1998 Kawasaki ZZR1100D6
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer Spoked 1200
2016 Big Mans Wanger R1200GS Triple Black

Post by Fagin »

Got an ABBA stand which my ZZR1100D has been on for the last couple of years and I think its a brilliant piece of kit.

Have just bought a Triumph Sprint RS which I am picking up the end of next month and have got a genuine centre stand off of fleabay for £70, bargain when you know how much they cost from Triumph :2up