Bike nae moving!!

Best tyres, Suspension setup, Accessories...
Andy168
Baw Bag
Current Ride: Triumph Tiger 800 & Trek 7200FX

Bike nae moving!!

Post by Andy168 »

Hi,
This morning I was going to take the VStrom (K7) to work.
After 2 weeks in a very cold garage I hoped the bike would start, 1st try and the bike kicked into life
Then the problem started, clutch lever seemed very tight then when I tried to pull away nothing happened. Clutch lever seemed to slacken off slightly but the bike would not pull away.
Put the bike back in the garage and put a small heater near but not too near the bike and went to work
Went home at lunch time and tried again to get the bike going. Left the bike running for about 30 mins to warm up then tried to get going on the paddock stand, put the bike into gear and tried yet again. Rear wheel rotated a couple of revolutions then stopped. Continually tried for the next 15 mins and the rear wheel only rotated a couple of times. Ran out of time and had to cycle back to work.
The bike had a service in November and had new chain and sprockets fitted, been out a couple of times since and had no problems

Any ideas anyone?? :confused
chewbacca
Direct Access
Current Ride: Ducati

Re: Bike nae moving!!

Post by chewbacca »

Not familiar with this particular model of bike, but is it possible the clutch pushrod or slave is jammed.Would seem to tie in with the clutch lever feeling tight to pull in.You could try pulling off the slave and inspecting them both.

Cheers
Andy168
Baw Bag

Post by Andy168 »

chewbacca wrote:Not familiar with this particular model of bike, but is it possible the clutch pushrod or slave is jammed.Would seem to tie in with the clutch lever feeling tight to pull in.You could try pulling off the slave and inspecting them both.

Cheers
is this a job for a auld novice??
chewbacca
Direct Access
Current Ride: Ducati

Post by chewbacca »

Aye normally ,again I'm not sure of the makeup of your model but the vast majority are the same,usually couple of cap bolts/screws and simply remove,possible seated wi an o ring,possibly piston stuck,or pushrod stuck,would side with the piston.Remove it and free it off,exact same principle as brake pistons.

Cheers
Andy168
Baw Bag

Post by Andy168 »

chewbacca wrote:Not familiar with this particular model of bike, but is it possible the clutch pushrod or slave is jammed.Would seem to tie in with the clutch lever feeling tight to pull in.You could try pulling off the slave and inspecting them both.
Tried this last night and it looks promising, will go for a short run at the weekend and hopefully its will run ok

thanks chewbacca :cheers