Manaul Choke 2000 CBR 600F

Best tyres, Suspension setup, Accessories...
haiax0
Tank Slapper
Current Ride: Ducati Hypermotard

Manaul Choke 2000 CBR 600F

Post by haiax0 »

Quick question (if there is such a thing)

A friend has just purchased the above bike and I went over to throw my 2 pence worth and have a poke about it tonight. I noticed that moving the choke up on ignition the bike didn't seem to rev any higher and finally when moved to full choke the engine cuts out.. Starts fine etc so didn't really need the choke but it just didn't seem right to me.

Any one have any thoughts / should this be a concern?
steve
Tank Slapper
Current Ride: Hmmm I wonder

Re: Manaul Choke 2000 CBR 600F

Post by steve »

If it starts fine an runs fine while the engine is under load I would leave the manUAl choke alone ,

Have the carbs/injectors beel balanced/synchronised lately on the bike ? Air filter cleaned/replaced ? Spark plugs changed , oil an filter changed ??? Could all be worth doing as the previous owner may not have done them for ages
Big Little Dave
Tinky Winky
Current Ride: 2011 CB1000R

Post by Big Little Dave »

I have a manual choke on my Bandit and I only put it on now and again. If its a hot morning my bike starts perfectly without it and cold days it cuts out first time with the choke on, but second time round it starts straight away.
haiax0
Tank Slapper
Current Ride: Ducati Hypermotard

Post by haiax0 »

Just now it starts fine with out choke but as Dave said above on colder days it might be required or when the bike has sat for sometime etc.

My vfr had the same choke and as it got colder I used it more frequently. My experience of the choke was the more i applied the more revs and faster the engine idles (mine would never cut out) So this leads me to think its not normal operation. I believe it has been serviced at colins garage and recently gained MOT as for what consumables have been changed i will need to do some digging.

just checking that it is not normal first! :2up