BT 012SS

Best tyres, Suspension setup, Accessories...
silverburn
Direct Access

BT 012SS

Post by silverburn »

Hi all,

After this weekend, the Bt010's will be shot, so I'm planning an upgrade to BT 012 SS's.

I'm on theCBR600, and I expect them to last until the end of the year (bike is hibernated in December, usually).

Who's tried them, and what's the review? Press is glowing, but most of that is done in 20'c heat and/or at the track. What's normal (ie wet/greasy/muddy) performance like?
silverburn
Direct Access

Post by silverburn »

it was a touch and go decision; they'll be fine for the track this time (still plenty side tread etc left - the tread edges are getting worn though; are not ripped up), but they'll definitely need replaced before I take a trip to Europe on 2nd September, so I'm getting them replaced at the 8000 services which is due a few days before that. Plus I was too late and too skint to get them replaced before Saturday.

I was thinking about scrubbing in the new tyres at the track, but decided not to risk it - especially with rain forecast. new tyres + new track + heavy rain = bad news. I'd rather take scrubbed - if slighty tired - rubber to the track, and scrub the new tyres in on the road.

Personal preference really, but I can definitely see the advantage of scrubbing tyres in the at the track; I just think circumstances have conspired against me on this occasion.
silverburn
Direct Access

Post by silverburn »

yellowisfriedegg wrote:........tyres are cheaper than bodywork...
:-) Yeah, agree with you there. I'm pretty confident about existing tyres though (rear good for another 1500 road miles, even more on the front), considering the load I expect to place them under during the expected wet conditions in the novice group.

I've been at the track with worse, and lived to tell the tale! :I can't believe it's not butter!

Mind you, I do have a bad habit of leaving tyre replacement until the last minute; ie 4500miles, regardless of wear!

Post by Guest »

hi that tyre came standard on the front of my gsxr thou had no probs heat up quick sticky been the only tyre when i stopped and felt it it was warmer than the rear one.doug ;) ps wears out as quick as the rear.