Bridgestone bt010 Vs bt 012

Best tyres, Suspension setup, Accessories...
Zathos
Mr Magpie
Current Ride: Aprilia Tuono Factory R

Bridgestone bt010 Vs bt 012

Post by Zathos »

Ok, the CBR comes with 012s fitted.
Most people I've talked to think the 010 is more hard wearing in the centre.
Bridgestone web site just talks sales waffle (Once you find the 010s!!) but has the 012 categorised a supersport and the 010 as high performance.
Sillett thought the 012 'had more rubber'
Does anyone have a definative description of the difference between the tyres.
Not that it will make a difference cos I've already put a 010 on the back (the 012 only lasted 2000 miles)
al
Mass Debater
Current Ride: Space Hopper

Post by al »

The 010's were Bridgestones top sport tyre before the 012 came out. THat's prograss for you. I can't imagine there being much difference in tread depth between them though.

If you reall want a bit more life without sacrificing much grip then go for an 020 at the rear. I used to run an 010 front and an 020 rear on my VTR and though it was the best combination of all the tyres I tried on the bike.

Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian).
Joe
Direct Access

Post by Joe »

Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian) (Super Nanny) wrote:If you reall want a bit more life without sacrificing much grip then go for an 020 at the rear. I used to run an 010 front and an 020 rear on my VTR and though it was the best combination of all the tyres I tried on the bike.
:devastated Wish I'd known that earlier. With the 010's on the CBR, I got 4k per back tyre and after 8k the front still had 'some' legal tread left. :cry Fitted D208's now which, from first impresions are 'nice' :2up (mmmm.. this looks more like fingers up than thumbs :confused).

Will they wear at the same rate? I don't mind replacing them both after 2 - 3k but being Aberdonian I hate it when one wears out before the other. :I can't believe it's not butter!

12 days offshore and bored to tears. Doing as much work as a DD :I can't believe it's not butter!, looks like I'm missing all the good weather.
Gazza
I don't believe it!
Current Ride: KTM 690 Duke

Post by Gazza »

Joe wrote:
Will they wear at the same rate? I don't mind replacing them both after 2 - 3k but being Aberdonian I hate it when one wears out before the other. :I can't believe it's not butter!
Better start practising your stoppies then Joe. Either that or fit a Pirelli Supercorsa on the front (my last one on the rear only did 750 miles before it was illegal). :eek

If you stick a softer tyre on the front and a harder one on the back, the back should wash out before the front, which is usually better if you enjoy a good high side and they should wear out more evenly.
Backs 400
Late Braker
Current Ride: Cbr 600 F4

Post by Backs 400 »

My 208's have done about 3k so far. Rear looks hardly worn :)..and thats on a heavy 750. (200+kg's dry)