Speedometer woes.

Best tyres, Suspension setup, Accessories...
moose
Direct Access

Speedometer woes.

Post by moose »

Has this happened to anyone before. Riding along perfectly fine until looking down and seeing that although I seem to be moving the bike is travelling at 0mph.

I recall a problem with my old gpz cable snapping something off and having to replace a whole mechanism but now I can't remember what. :evil

Will have to check through cable and see if anything else is wrong. Hopefully I'm being too pessimistic and it's an easy fix.

Oh... it's a zx7r....(what is it with these kwakas and speedos- or is it the nut that drives the machine? :oops )

Any info much appreciated. :I can't believe it's not butter!
shamus
Direct Access

Post by shamus »

Hi m8,

Have a ninja 7 meself with no probs (bar the alarm). have had this happen before.... on a Honda. 9 times out of 10 its the cable which turns inside the speedo cable sheath that shears.

Take cable off bike and look at each end to see if any end (usually wheel end) has rounded. New ones are cheap enough or phone Breaking Point fro even cheaper. :2up

Shamus
Graeme
International Man of Mystery
Current Ride: GSX-R750

Post by Graeme »

on the other hand, you're bike will have a nice low mileage :???
moose
Direct Access

Post by moose »

Graeme - Don't think I hadn't thought about that...just too honest :angel2

Shamus- cheers..I think you're right about the cable. Hadn't had the time or inclination to check but when I do I Think I'll probably find a duff cable.

Cheers again for the info.