CBR 600 RR Exhaust Options

Best tyres, Suspension setup, Accessories...
Zathos
Mr Magpie
Current Ride: Aprilia Tuono Factory R

CBR 600 RR Exhaust Options

Post by Zathos »

Ok as the weather is improving I'm getting tempted with a replacement can.

However a few hours on the web just leads me to other forums (god they take p*sh, esp our American frields) and not much hard info on what is available and what it looks like.

Does anyone have experience / recomendations for rr exhausts.
Sorry but I'm not interested in exhausts fitted to other bikes cos I want to know what it looks like.

The ones I have seen so far look c*ap :nono

Any info / urls greatly appreciated (No forums please)
yelloisfriedegg
Late Braker
Current Ride: 4 motion transporter or a pair of twintips

Post by yelloisfriedegg »

The two pipe thing that the long term test bike in PB had fitted looked pretty good and they said nice things about it , can't remember the make but I'll check when I get home :I can't believe it's not butter!
Backs 400
Late Braker
Current Ride: Cbr 600 F4

Post by Backs 400 »

The latest Fast Bike mag has a wee bit on the Akropovic system. Does indeed look stunning, and the long termmer said it added power and a gorgeous sound. Nae cheap though!! (£402) If you are out tonight I'll bring along the mag with it in so u can make up your own mind ;)

They also have a bit on the new Stayintune can from Australia at £300+ for a stainless one. |Looks a bit like a standard oval can on its side..nothing exciting.

Micron and Scorpian both have too, but not seen them.

Hope this helps a litle.
Zathos
Mr Magpie

Post by Zathos »

Wasn't too impressed with the pics I've seen of the Ak.

I'm looking for something which will fit the space properly
randg

Post by randg »

Zathos wrote:I'm looking for something which will fit the space properly
You may have a problem there given aftermarket cans tend to be slimmer than the OE ones,as they are often larger because of the noise restrictions they are faced with to make the thing road legal.
al
Mass Debater
Current Ride: Space Hopper

Post by al »

:idea Save your cash and get some more training!
yelloisfriedegg
Late Braker

Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian) (Super Nanny) wrote::idea Save your cash and get some more training!

...........are you calling him slow , or dangerous ? :I can't believe it's not butter!
Backs 400
Late Braker

Post by Backs 400 »

Zathos...are you looking at the same pics as me? A titanium can, not carbon..has what looks like heat shields surrounding it?
al
Mass Debater

Post by al »

yelloisfriedegg wrote:...........are you calling him slow , or dangerous ? :I can't believe it's not butter!
Far from me to comment on his riding ...... ;)

What I should have said is that a couple of hundred quid spent on a race can to try and make his current bike a fraction quicker may be better spent on training to hone his technique that would make him quicker on his current bike and any other bike he may have in the future ….. IMHO :up

The one "accessory" that can be taken with you when you get a new bike! ( I think I'll copyright that one :I can't believe it's not butter! )
yelloisfriedegg
Late Braker

Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian) the philosopher :I can't believe it's not butter!
al
Mass Debater

Post by al »

yelloisfriedegg wrote:Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian) (Super Nanny) the philosopher :I can't believe it's not butter!
Nah .... more like Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian) the tight arsed weegie!! :2up
Zathos
Mr Magpie

Post by Zathos »

Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian) (Super Nanny) wrote:
yelloisfriedegg wrote:Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian) (Super Nanny) (Super Nanny) the philosopher :I can't believe it's not butter!
Nah .... more like Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian) (Super Nanny) the tight arsed weegie!! :2up

Surely not ;) ;) ;)

Let's face it, after market zorsts don't make a significant difference to performance on the road. I just want one that looks good and makes a nice noise.

Oh and after discussions with the peps last night it has to have the same exit angle as the current one........
..cos apparently it's great for blowing nasties right into the face of any biker sitting behind you at the lights :I can't believe it's not butter! :I can't believe it's not butter! :I can't believe it's not butter! :I can't believe it's not butter!
Backs 400
Late Braker

Post by Backs 400 »

Try following Cas with those twin bloody Quills she has! You actually feel the pulse on your face as you ride along :eek ..and how they are ment to be legal i dont know! Sound rather good when you shut off the throttle going under the bridge thing by the railway station :)

If anyone wants a rather nice sounding can thats road legal, gives the same power increase as a race can, and are well put together, look at the Quill Powerflow range.
Gazza
I don't believe it!
Current Ride: KTM 690 Duke

Post by Gazza »

Zathos wrote: Let's face it, after market zorsts don't make a significant difference to performance on the road. I just want one that looks good and makes a nice noise.
How about one of those with the legal stamp on it and removable baffles? Not sure if they do one for yours though?
yelloisfriedegg
Late Braker

I asked Ben at Visordown (he also works for Performance Bike) about the long term test bike pipe , this was his reply :

Andy,

Kar had a Laser Xtreme it's £378 in race trim or £431 with baffles from Merlin on 01159 499055. Devil make a connector pipe and single exit road legal for about £345. The trickest one I've seen is by Arrow. It's an RCV style double exit - one under the seat and one out the side. Both small pipes, looks gorgeous. I've just put one in the mag for next month, it's an Arata single exit from Faster By Design. Straight from Japan - no-one else'll have one and if I have an RR, I'd slap one of those on - just to stand out. I think pretty much everyone has them now, Micron, Akrapovic, Blue Flame etc. Not many people didn;t different exit styles, which is why the Laser and Arrow systems stand out.

Hope that helps,

Ben

The RCV copy Arrow sounds good :I can't believe it's not butter!
al
Mass Debater

Post by al »

The Micron system looks quite good with its twin exit can and the serpant pipe work! :up