Michelin Power Pure

Best tyres, Suspension setup, Accessories...
goon
Direct Access
Current Ride: CBR1000RR 08

Michelin Power Pure

Post by goon »

Hi,

Anyone been using the new Michelin Power Pure 2CT tyres? If so, what do you reckon?

I have always used Michelin and until the Power Pures came out ran Pilot Power 2Ct's. Great tyres. Have been running the new Power Pure for 600 miles on the Gay Blade and find them a bit vague. Front feel doesn't seem so good and they "track" a bit especially on uneven surface and rear gets a bit lose. All controllable but certainly a different feel to these tyres.

I think pressures are a bit more critical with the Power Pure and need to be slightly lower that the PP 2CT's as well so gonna play with a few combinations to see how they feel.

Let me know if you are using them and have any thoughts.

Cheers
Needles
Late Braker
Current Ride: K6 gixer thou

Re: Michelin Power Pure

Post by Needles »

Id be interested in the feedback here too as im thinking about treating mine to new boots soon,any ideas on the price of them ,front and back
Yamahahaha
Scary biscuits
Current Ride: 2007 Yamaha R.1

Post by Yamahahaha »

I was down past Sillet today and noticed the pures. Mr Sillet told me the dual compound stuff is all rubbish and pures are lighter than other tyres is also a load of dung. I put a Michelin Pilot Power 2ct on my bike last June and I will be lucky to get another 500 out of them. I loved the 2ct's but the price/mileage is ridiculous and tbh not work the money

Rab also said that Bridgestone & Michelin are getting very expensive so much so they are starting to price themselves out of the market. The Pirelli's & Metzlers are the best priced tyres just now.

Once my rear is shot I will be thinking long about my next set of tyres.
steve
Tank Slapper
Current Ride: Hmmm I wonder

Post by steve »

ive currently got the new pirelli rosso corsas on my bike and i like them so far although ive not really pushed them too hard as i dont trust the dirty roads we have here just now , im sure i will get a better idea of how they are in about 5 or 6 weeks time :freebird
goon
Direct Access
Current Ride: CBR1000RR 08

Post by goon »

Hi Guys,

Good to see responses, especially mixed ones.

I got my Power Pure's from Rab Sillett (in fact I buy all my tyres from him) and paid £96 fitted for front 120/70 and £132 fitted for rear 190/50 and I run a 2010 Gay Blade. I have to agree that this is not cheap, in fact about £25 more than I would normally pay for a pair of PP 2CT's. I am a long term Michelin tyres man and have always used the Pilot Power 2CT on the Gay Blade (and previous ones) until the new Power Pure came along so I thought I would give them a try hence my post.

Yep, Rab has expressed his opinions and dislikes to me where 2/3 compound tyres, weight and price are concerned but we all know, when it comes to tyres it gets very personal. Only agree with what Rab says about price but each to his own and all that. What you like, what gives you good feedback and confidence, what sticks, what lasts or wears (or doesn’t) and what suits your bike and style of riding. There are a million and one opinions on this all over the net.

Only trouble is, we can't try before we buy which is a pain in the a**e.

I’m fortunate I suppose in that I only use my bike for leisure/fun and not commuting or long distance touring. I don’t normally hang about and therefore my main criteria for tyre choice is grip of course together with good feedback so I know what they’re up to, or going to do without me having to think about it while riding.

I have to admit I have always had what I consider to be good wear out of the 2CT’s – 5K + out of the front and 2K – 2.5K out of the rear. Some folk might think that’s pretty naff but it suits me for tyres I can trust.

Anyway, as I said in my original post, will try a few tyre pressure combinations with these Power Pure’s (and I also need a tad of fine tuning on the suspension) and let you know what seems to improve or worsen the situation.

Never know, might be helpful to someone, even though as I say, tyres are all subjective.

Cheers

Peter
garymitch
Mr Angry

Post by garymitch »

pirelli rosso corsas. im on my second set. best tyre on the market. :2up