Marco Simoncelli - RIP

Give us your views on the world of Moto GP
highland81
Direct Access
Current Ride: CB1000R

Re: Marco Simoncelli - RIP

Post by highland81 »

[/quote]

Sic's dad commented on that actual event (Marco being dropped by the marshals) , as he arrived on a scooter at the scene of the crash & said that it was already to late to help Sic even though they tried for 45 minutes to get him back. He said that everyone was in such shock with the crash & that dropping him would have made no difference to the outcome of the situation, he was just comforted by the amount of people who jumped into action & wanted to help, so to him the situation is void.

I guess i understand what he is saying; it is enough to deal with without causing an even bigger fuss over something that really was not great but did no harm! They did the same last year with the other racer who died & all the fuss about the marshals dropping him kind of took over from the actual sad event itself.

I think Sic should be honoured & remembered for the fab racer he was & the investigations that are to be carried out should be done so in quiet, as the event is tragic without adding fuel to the fire. As Sic himself would not have thought anything of it had he seen this happen to someone else nor would he of held it against anyone, as he always said “that’s Racing”.

RIP SIC. Gone but NEVER forgotten.
#58 :([/quote]

:2up

Well said