A word to the wise...

General Biker Banter

Moderators: al, Administrator

haiax0
Tank Slapper
Current Ride: Ducati Hypermotard

A word to the wise...

Post by haiax0 »

I have been seeing a lot of bikes for sale on the likes of Gumtree where people have filled out there adverts with such information as there postcodes..

As Google maps can now (in most cases) take you to a listed post codes exact location... This is something just to think carefully about before listing on your ad.

It would not take a scrote long to research your bike, its kept surrounding, location, value etc. and all from the comfort of there stolen smart phones..

I am sure most of you have thought about such things but I thought worth mentioning anyway.

:hippy
Yarek
Scary biscuits
Current Ride: Kwak Z1000sx

Re: A word to the wise...

Post by Yarek »

I was quite careful with my listing, albeit not public one yet through laziness mostly!

Quick question though - when prospective buyers want to see the bike - do you meet them in a neutral location or invite them out to the place the bike is stored?
haiax0
Tank Slapper

Post by haiax0 »

Any high value sales such as my bike will be done near my house but away from my storage / parking location. But first I need to vet someone long before a visit with a good conversation / telephone call first.

I can usually ferret out some one who is genuinely interested and has the potential to complete a transaction.

just me though..
Yarek
Scary biscuits
Current Ride: Kwak Z1000sx

Post by Yarek »

Meant to ask you mate - what are you after once you sell the Viffer?
haiax0
Tank Slapper

Post by haiax0 »

Not sure yet, Maybe back to a street triple again or something similar. I think I quite fancy a short distance light twisty machine, something like a dosuduro etc.

But my eye is not set on anything yet.