I can't see this affecting many people...

General Biker Banter

Moderators: al, Administrator

Dave
Enjoys a nice shaft!
Current Ride: Big sensible pretty bikes with big smooth tyres,
Small bikes with small lumpy tyres and a truck with HUGE lumpy tyres !

I can't see this affecting many people...

Post by Dave »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-n ... d-26151941
"...four-month Mugiemoss Road closure..."

Surly this won't be a problem, Aberdeen City is the oil capital of Europe and must have a great expanse of suitable roads to be used as diversions.

With all the money as Aberdeen City Council receive, they must have a stunning Planning Department to ensure the road system is capable ensuring the odd road closure won't affect the safety of residents of any roads used as diversions.

And I would hope that the developers of industrial estates, shopping retail parks/supermarkets and housing developments are paying the costs to ensure the roads affected by their developments (which make them a huge fortune) are upgraded to cope with the additional traffic these development create.
al
Mass Debater
Current Ride: Space Hopper

Re: I can't see this affecting many people...

Post by al »

For years the planning department in Aberdeen have been instructed not to make improvements as that will encourage people out of their cars and take other means of transport.

That really has worked not hasn't it! :nono
Zednine
Direct Access
Current Ride: Kawasaki ZR-7

Re: I can't see this affecting many people...

Post by Zednine »

I work in Kirkhill and the utter lack of provision for the increased traffic and PPP (P*ss Poor Planning) has made a already crap journey even worse...

Planning department..... Hah, Gormless, lets not bother to plan and just try to score some freebies department more like.

Major airport and business centre with single carraigway access... When the "planning" and I use the term loosely dept. approved the new business parks did anyone think... hmmmm traffic is already crap, lets really mess it up.

The should be made to commute to kirkhill 9 and 5 pm. Bet it would be sorted then.

Give the project to a local primary school and let them fix it. It will work better.