Decisions

Best tyres, Suspension setup, Accessories...
Lynners
Pump up the volume
Current Ride: '09 K2 Fling

Decisions

Post by Lynners »

Pirelli Diablo

BT090

BT092

Anyone got anything to say about the above tyres good or bad? This is one reply i had, do you agree?? Everyone has such different opinions so i'm trying to get as much feedback as poss. I need something i can use daily in the wet for my 4 mile commute and my usual riding here there and everyhere at weekends.
bt92 is the way to go. BT090 is the track day nutter tyre pointy profile etc,BT 92 is the dual compound sensible option, still a sticky tyre, Diablo is cheap but, crap sadly, have a look on the forums few have anything good to say about it, I dont even offer it now, I can supply them at £49.58 front and rear £56.32 plus vat but politely suggest you dont !
The Dunlops were good but are now discontinued, I bought a few end of line dunlos gpr80's at £125 a pair inc vat.
Backs 400
Late Braker
Current Ride: Cbr 600 F4

Post by Backs 400 »

For a 400 I would be getting H rated tyres for starters..cheaper and warm up better.

I have Diablos on my CBR 6 and love them and I know you can get H rated ones but have no experience of them.

The BT 90 is the replacement for the BT 92. Its used for Supermoto and 250/400cc racing. Sticky etc but not designed for commuting, more track based. The tread pattern does not look the best for wet weather.

I would go for the BT 96 which is a dual compound tyre. Good wear rates in the middle and sticky where it needs to be. Excellent wet weather and commuting tyre yet the same as the BT 92 (90) when lent over as it has the same rubber on the tyre edges.

Highly recommended for wet weather, grip, wear rates and confidence.