Removing and replacing pillion pegs

Best tyres, Suspension setup, Accessories...
Lobsterfish
Ann Bummers
Current Ride: Stu & Chris

Removing and replacing pillion pegs

Post by Lobsterfish »

I'm removing the pillion pegs on my GSXR. Completely off on the left and replaced with a hanger on the right.

What do I do with the spaces that will be left on the left hand side? I've done a google search, but have come up only with an R1 forum doing home-mades. No-one seems to do what I'm after. That is if I'm searching using the correct wording!

Thanks in advance.

G
steve
Tank Slapper
Current Ride: Hmmm I wonder

Re: Removing and replacing pillion pegs

Post by steve »

what exactly are you looking for ?

if you simply remove the left hand rear peg hanger you will surely just be left with the lugs protruding from the subframe as i was on my 99 R1

is there something on the market to cover the lugs ??

if u need somethin made gimme a shout as i work in a machine shop

remember if u remove your rear pegs it is apparently illegal to run your bike with a rear seat (according to H + S motorcycles)
Lobsterfish
Ann Bummers
Current Ride: Stu & Chris

Post by Lobsterfish »

TBH i havent even looked at the pegs and what would be left after taking them off, i'm being pre-emtive :log

I've bought the exhaust hanger (delivered yesterday) hence why i'm asking the question.

My initial thought was just to shove the old bolts back in, but will they be too long? Only time will tell once I take them off to see.

Apparently there are 'cover things' you can get, but I can't find any.

Thanks for your help JT52, i might just give you a PM to get you to make a couple of covers to make it look 'smooth'. Will have to wait and see.

I'm taking off the pegs so there is now no chance of anyone asking to have a shotty on the back. I don't want to have anyone on the back, then have them on my conciounce ?? I'll leave that for the guys out there. :2up Cowl is also on the bike now.

Cheers :cheers
meepmeep
Mass Debater
Current Ride: ι ∂ση'т ¢αяє ωнαт уσυ тнιηк αѕ ℓσηg αѕ ιт'ѕ αвσυт мє

Post by meepmeep »

http://www.tastynuts.com

They will fix you up. Either plugs or cool dummy bolts.

:2up