Re: silly season starts early

Post by bill.m »

Does this open the possibility of Valentino on a Ducati next year? :biggrin2
papagee
Direct Access
Current Ride: Suzuki Bandit 650s K9

Post by papagee »

bill.m wrote:Does this open the possibility of Valentino on a Ducati next year? :biggrin2

Ferrari want Rossi to drive for them next year in a third car. I hope he doesn't.
DarrenR
Scaramanga
Current Ride: 09 zx10r

Post by DarrenR »

hes been asked to name his price to drive a ferrari next year....

rossi will stick with Yamaha, lorenzo will go to Ducati and stoner will go to honda. you heard it here first ;)
coullstar
Bull Sh!tter

Post by coullstar »

If its looking like another Title for Rossi I reckon he might go for Duke as I cant see him staying around for much longer. The only problem there is he will probably insist on the bike being built around him which may take a season or two. Im sure being Italian he would love more than anything to ride an Italian bike in GP's before he walks away.
Coddy
Chavtastic!
Current Ride: 2011 Ecosse Arr Waan SP Special.
Location: I did see the speed limit officer, i just didn't see you....

Post by Coddy »

The biggest problem with Rossi going to Ducati is the Marlboro sponsorship. As after his Gauloise Yamaha deal, he said he wouldn't ride with cigarette sponsorship again. Although $$$$$ may make him change his mind. I think it will happen. First to win titles on 3 different manufacturers bikes. He would insist on Burgess going with him.
Yamaha have publicly said they would prefer to keep Rossi to Lorenzo. They know he can develope the bike.

Stoner to H0nda is strongly rumoured. But, the boss at the Repsol team is the guy Lippi i think. He was at Ducati, and its thought Stoner got him punted. Will he stay at Ducati if Rossi joins.

I think Lorenzo will go to H0nda. Repsol will want a Spainiard, and Pedrosa is not physically strong enough i don't think to win the title.

Pedrosa will be the big loser of the 4. He will have to pick up the left overs or be 2nd in the pecking order if he has to team up with any of the other 3.
Big Little Dave
Tinky Winky
Current Ride: 2011 CB1000R

Post by Big Little Dave »

Rossi will go to the team he thinks that will do best and get plenty of wins. He left Honda due to their way of working and said that Ducati would turn out like them. He'll stick with Yamaha since he likes their mentality and knows the team well (got this from his autobiography :log ). Plus he's not in it for the money, he is in it for the enjoyment of the racing(his words). Viva La Rossi!! :worthy
Coddy
Chavtastic!

Post by Coddy »

Big Little Dave wrote:Rossi will go to the team he thinks that will do best and get plenty of wins. He left <FONT COLOR="#FF00FF">Honda</FONT> due to their way of working and said that Ducati would turn out like them.
Remember though, that yes, he didn't like the way H0nda worked. He also didn't like how people commented that he was winning because of the bike (best bike at the time).
He joined Yamaha, (the worst bike at the time), and won first time out.
acebobby
Scary biscuits
Current Ride: S1000RR (Road bike)
CBR600RR (Track Bike)

Post by acebobby »

Rossi said he would never have a tobacco sponsor well before Gauloise sponsered Yamaha, he insisted from a very young age he never would but money talks and Yamaha had a bike to develop!

The one thing that Ducati could offer Rossi is the chance of a few wildcard appearances in WSBK on the same bike as Bayliss not only that but unlimited testing on an 1198 in preparation for a season in WSBK, the guy loves chasing records and no one has yet won moto gp and WSBK championships but both Nicky Hayden or Ben Spies could both end up achieving that in the next couple of years!

I think the factory teams will be
Honda
Casey Stoner brought in by Livio Suppo
Marco simoncheli

Ducati
Rossi
Nicky Hayden

Yamaha
Lorenzo
Ben Spies

Think sponsors may change manufacturer's too
Coddy
Chavtastic!

Post by Coddy »

acebobby wrote:I think the factory teams will be
<FONT COLOR="#FF00FF">Honda</FONT>
Marco simoncheli

Ducati
Rossi
Nicky Hayden

Yamaha
Lorenzo
Ben Spies

You won't be far of with that guess. Simoncelli needs to get the finger out and get the hang of Moto GP though as he hasn't done too well so far.
acebobby
Scary biscuits
Current Ride: S1000RR (Road bike)
CBR600RR (Track Bike)

Post by acebobby »

Coddy wrote:
acebobby wrote:I think the factory teams will be
<FONT COLOR="#FF00FF"><FONT COLOR="#FF00FF">Honda</FONT></FONT>
Marco simoncheli

Ducati
Rossi
Nicky Hayden

Yamaha
Lorenzo
Ben Spies

You won't be far of with that guess. Simoncelli needs to get the finger out and get the hang of Moto GP though as he hasn't done too well so far.
Totally agree about Simoncelli needing to get his finger out, I think he will be very capable if he can get used to the bike,
Big Little Dave
Tinky Winky
Current Ride: 2011 CB1000R

Post by Big Little Dave »

Coddy wrote:
Big Little Dave wrote:Rossi will go to the team he thinks that will do best and get plenty of wins. He left <FONT COLOR="#FF00FF">Honda</FONT> due to their way of working and said that Ducati would turn out like them.
Remember though, that yes, he didn't like the way H0nda worked. He also didn't like how people commented that he was winning because of the bike (best bike at the time).
He joined Yamaha, (the worst bike at the time), and won first time out.
Very true and the people who said he had the fastest bike were the other Honda riders :log and it was Biaggi who made the biggest stink(as always) when he lost and he blamed the bike, still does. I noticed it when i watched a WSB race, he came third and blamed the bike. bad bad biaggi :nono