Ducati boss hopeful of Rossi test

Give us your views on the world of Moto GP
Zax
Derren Brown

Ducati boss hopeful of Rossi test

Post by Zax »

Ducati TEAM boss Filippo Preziosi has said he is prepared to paint the squad's Desmosedici racer "in blue", if it will swing Yamaha's decision to allow Valentino Rossi to test for Ducati at the end of the season in Valencia.

Preziosi's tongue-in-cheek comments come following Yamaha's statement by team boss Masao Furusawa that Rossi will be "wearing blue until the end of the year", suggesting the Italian will not get the chance to ride the all-red Ducati racer before 2011.

Rossi's contracted to Yamaha until the end of 2010, which would mean the Italian would miss the three-day post-season test session at Valencia.

"We will grant any of Furusawa's wishes, we'll even paint the bike blue," Preziosi told Gazzetta dello Sport.

Honda pulled a similar stunt in 2003, when the team stopped Rossi testing for Yamaha, something Preziosi believes won't do Yamaha any good. "I don't want to believe that and it would be bad - last time that happened it didn't bring much luck."

Read more: http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-rac ... z0xWvmadm9
Coddy
Chavtastic!
Current Ride: 2011 Ecosse Arr Waan SP Special.
Location: I did see the speed limit officer, i just didn't see you....

Re: Ducati boss hopeful of Rossi test

Post by Coddy »

Can't see Yamaha pulling that stunt, after all it seems to be a gentlemans agreement between the teams, to allow the riders to leave their contracts early, after the first race.
You wouldn't think its the Japanese way, to sulk. The eyeties on the other hand....

Stoner will be testing the new Honda straight after the last race.