Short girlie needs help

Best tyres, Suspension setup, Accessories...

Short girlie needs help

Post by Guest »

:roll
Couldn't resist the Bandit (600) I have just bought, knowing full well it was too big for me really (I'm 5' tall). Local dealer has suggested cannabilising seat (not very good for resale, especially if still too big). Does anyone know where I can get a seat custom made and if so where or if customised seats for short girlies are available to buy.
I did see one on e-bay in Nov but don't know if it was made specially or not. Can't find anything else on the net.
Backs 400
Late Braker
Current Ride: Cbr 600 F4

Post by Backs 400 »

There you go :) http://www.webvert.co.uk/bumwraps/

I know a couple of short arses that have used them ;) . If you get a secondhand seat from a breakers and get that recovered by them, you still have the original one for when it comes the time to change.
yelloisfriedegg
Late Braker
Current Ride: 4 motion transporter or a pair of twintips

Post by yelloisfriedegg »

At 5' tall you will probably need more than just a lowered seat , ask the dealer about changing the ride hight on the rear suspension and dropping the yokes on the forks a bit too , this should help to lower the seat hight and help you to be safer riding the bike :-)
Gazza
I don't believe it!
Current Ride: KTM 690 Duke

Post by Gazza »

Her indoors is 5'4" and she could hardly get her leg over a bandit. You're definitely optimistic, I'll give you that! Haveyou thought about gluing some lumps of wood to the bottom of your boots? :idea ;)

Nah, seriously, drop the ride height and yokes as advised by Yellow. That should sort you out. Just watch out for the pegs grounding out a bit earlier than expected. :eek

Welcome to the club btw :-)
al
Mass Debater
Current Ride: Space Hopper

Post by al »

Give the folks at Banditmania a call ( 0 1522 871600 ) they'll be able to offer you some good advice on lowering the Bandit! :up