Shoei GT Air

General Biker Banter

Moderators: al, Administrator

haiax0
Tank Slapper
Current Ride: Ducati Hypermotard

Shoei GT Air

Post by haiax0 »

I am looking into a new lid and have spent a bit of time trying on a few different kinds of late.

I am coming away from my trusty Arai Corsair which has been nothing short of fantastic in terms of comfort and noise cancellation. (but sadly it has seen better days and is generally time for retirement)

Being like Cinderella at the ball no other helmets I picked up seemed to fit or feel right so my options where slim to none.. until I tried Shoei's GT Air which like the Arai's just instantly felt right.

They are both priced in the same bracket but the Shoei has an added a sun visor and a wider range of colours to chose from etc.. They both carry the same pinlock system and the field of view seems to be very alike.

do I stick with what I know? should I give the Shoei a try? Does any one else own the GT Air and can shed some negatives or pros? I think I am steering towards the GT Air but before I commit wanted to see other peoples experiences.
Coully
Knee Flapper
Current Ride: 1988 CBR 600FL jellymould Gone
1990 VFR 750FL - Gone
1999 VFR 800Fix -Gone
2006 K1200s

Re: Shoei GT Air

Post by Coully »

I'd say go for it if the fit is right and money isn't an issue
bob r6
Direct Access
Current Ride: cbr1000rr

Post by bob r6 »

I had the same problem trusty old arai which was out 6-7 yeaers old and couldn't make up my mind weather to change or not! Managed to get a good deal from eccosse when I bought my new bike! The air is miles better than the old arai actually! The sun visor could maybe do with being abit darker but can't really complain not sure if there tinted visors out for them yet?
haiax0
Tank Slapper

Post by haiax0 »

Ended up getting one so will post a review of how I am getting on with it soon! :2up
CBRXX
Tank Slapper
Current Ride: decisions decisions

Post by CBRXX »

bought one last month quietest lid I've ever had not supposed to be lighter than the old AGV but felt it for some reason well chuffed with it :2up
haiax0
Tank Slapper

Post by haiax0 »

Got the new lid and took it for a run into work this morning... have to report it is rather good so far!

Comfort and noise reduction is of a great standard.. Its light and well balanced providing just as much view as my old Arai did if not a little more.

Sun Visor is unfortunately not Polarised which would of been nice for the money spent, but none the less still works brilliantly (a few runs out west at the end of the day will soon tell me just how good it is) but for me it certainly is an improvement on not having one at all.

Ventilation seems good and aided with the classic Pinlock system for the main visor. (could not steam it up if I try) No noises coming through any vents while they where open at speed either.

Comfy little child guard too which is a nice touch and keeps the chill off if you are not using a wind buff etc..

Although I did find the fit to be snug compared to the Arai so needed to step up to a Large size.

Verdict: worth every penny so far! :2up
RK6
Would you like a mushroom?
Current Ride: Hypermotard SP

Post by RK6 »

I genuinely think i'd miss the constant whistling and overwhelming wind noise if I ditched my Arai in favour of something more refined. :log
CBRXX
Tank Slapper
Current Ride: decisions decisions

Post by CBRXX »

haiax0 wrote:
Sun Visor is unfortunately not Polarised which would of been nice for the money spent, but none the less still works brilliantly (a few runs out west at the end of the day will soon tell me just how good it is) but for me it certainly is an improvement on not having one at all.

Ventilation seems good and aided with the classic Pinlock system for the main visor.
My mate got a polarised pinlock with his