CBR 1000 FR Lights

Best tyres, Suspension setup, Accessories...
Dodly
Direct Access
Current Ride: Triumph Daytona 955i
Yamaha 600R Thundercat

CBR 1000 FR Lights

Post by Dodly »

:( not happy.....
lost my side-light, tail light, dash lights. checked fuses under left panel (5 off) all OK... I dont have a manual, anyone got a clue if there might be an inline fuse somewhere? or had this problem, or any other ideas?... cheerzzzz :I can't believe it's not butter!

1994 "M" CBR 1000 FR
IZINBARD
Mr Angry
Current Ride: GSXR 750 K6

Post by IZINBARD »

Check the bulbs, if they are blown, check your earth strap.
Could also be a dud battery, happened to me last year at Knockhill, a short in one cell, zapped the taillights and, seeedo / rev counter lights.
Izz,
al
Mass Debater
Current Ride: Space Hopper

Post by al »

.. or the voltage regulator / rectifier could have gone. If it runs then check the voltage at various revs. It the voltage goes over 15 then that's yer culprit.

As for the inline fuse I don't know.

Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian).
al
Mass Debater

Post by al »

Inzibeast wrote:Check the bulbs, if they are blown, check your earth strap.
Could also be a dud battery, happened to me last year at Knockhill, a short in one cell, zapped the taillights and, seeedo / rev counter lights.
Izz,
....... which was eventually traced to a faulty regulator / rectifier ( several boxed of bulbs later) !!!
IZINBARD
Mr Angry
Current Ride: GSXR 750 K6

Post by IZINBARD »

The jury is still out on that one, as the old and new reg/rect check out the same.
I don't think that it was the same fault both times, battery last time for sure.
Izz,
al
Mass Debater

Post by al »

Inzibeast wrote:The jury is still out on that one, as the old and new reg/rect check out the same.
I don't think that it was the same fault both times, battery last time for sure.
Izz,
It was the regulator going open circuit that cooked my battery and blew my headlight bulb.

You may only have been experiencing the problem when riding as electronics have a habit of playing up in changes of temperature nad vibration which would only be present while on the bike.

Question is, have you gone through any more bulbs since changing the unit??