Hungry Highlander

Share your "T" drinking experiences in here.
RK6
Would you like a mushroom?
Current Ride: Hypermotard SP

Hungry Highlander

Post by RK6 »

Just to let everyone know that the HH will be closed at 3pm this Sunday.

Service will resume as usual thereafter. :2up
Scotlandgolfer
Direct Access
Current Ride: Kwak zzr1100d

Re: Hungry Highlander Closing Down

Post by Scotlandgolfer »

Sadly i heard the Hungry Highlander will be closing down for good this year. :(

Always been a great spot to meet other riders etc and hopefully a bike enthusiast will reopen it. :freebird
JTC
Cumpy Grunt
Current Ride: ~~~~~~~
Ducati ST4 (SOLD)
Ducati 749 (SOLD)
CBR400RR NC29 (SOLD)
ZX10R -Lulu (SOLD -sob)
Sprint STD 1050 -Bertha (SOLD)
Ducati 848 - Lucia (SOLD)
Ducati Hypermotard 796
Ducati 748R - Bunty

Re: Hungry Highlander Closing Down

Post by JTC »

Scotlandgolfer wrote:Sadly i heard the Hungry Highlander will be closing down for good this year. :(

Always been a great spot to meet other riders etc and hopefully a bike enthusiast will reopen it. :freebird
agree on the meetup spot, pity the food has been going downhill like a runaway train though
haiax0
Tank Slapper
Current Ride: Ducati Hypermotard

Re: Hungry Highlander

Post by haiax0 »

has this been confirmed it is closing down? Any ideas when? :(

I really like the place and whenever i head out there its got plenty of folk about it!
The Rossi Kid
Make way for Noddy

Post by The Rossi Kid »

haiax0 wrote:has this been confirmed it is closing down? Any ideas when? :(
Yip, Current lease is up in the next few months and the current crowd are not going to renew it due to the price increase and other rising costs means it's not worth it.

:(
RK6

Post by RK6 »

Gutted. :(
steve
Tank Slapper
Current Ride: Hmmm I wonder

Post by steve »

Agree with the comment about the quality of the food , low quality junk food and a slow but friendly service , it was far from a regular haunt of mine but it's a shame for those that used it regularly ,

Spital of glenshee serve excellent food at decent prices and are biker friendly too
D3LS M
Late Braker

Post by D3LS M »

The Rossi Kid wrote:[

Yip, Current lease is up in the next few months and the current crowd are not going to renew it due to the price increase and other rising costs means it's not worth it.

:(

At £7.50 for a fish supper I'm surprised they are closing down to rising costs, maybe had they thought about their own rising costs they might have been in a better position.

31st October btw
The Rossi Kid
Make way for Noddy

Post by The Rossi Kid »

R2D2 wrote:At £7.50 for a fish supper I'm surprised they are closing down to rising costs, maybe had they thought about their own rising costs they might have been in a better position.
It's no more expensive than anywhere else to eat in Deeside. They've broken even over the last 18 months so they have been trying...

...regardless of their costings it'll be a shame to see it sit empty which by the sounds of it is what's going to happen.
Zathos
Mr Magpie
Current Ride: Aprilia Tuono Factory R

Post by Zathos »

Sadly the cost of the lease and business rates reflect the 'high end tourist area' but few of those tourists will use a place like the highlander, prefering quaint tea shops and hotel restaurants.

Place has been struggling for a good while, hence the percieved drop in quality and high price.

Tiss unfortunate as I liked the place, but if it can't make money it isn't going to last.
steve
Tank Slapper
Current Ride: Hmmm I wonder

Post by steve »

I personally think alot of the tourists are maybe put off the place if there is a fair amount of bikes parked outside
Zathos
Mr Magpie
Current Ride: Aprilia Tuono Factory R

Post by Zathos »

steve wrote:I personally think alot of the tourists are maybe put off the place if there is a fair amount of bikes parked outside
Probably very true :log

I spoke to the owners a few times last year and they were fed up with the 'Operation Zenith' cops camping out at the place and effectively scaring off their customers
RK6

Post by RK6 »

Must admit, I dodged it when I noticed the cops standing outside... I have no major problem with 'Operation Zathos' but I was there for a burger & a coke, not a lecture on road safety & a scrutineering session!
D3LS M
Late Braker

Post by D3LS M »

The Rossi Kid wrote:
It's no more expensive than anywhere else to eat in Deeside. They've broken even over the last 18 months so they have been trying...

...regardless of their costings it'll be a shame to see it sit empty which by the sounds of it is what's going to happen.

At other eating places in Deeside you aren't left outside on "park benches" and served your food, I'd assume via a plate and cutlery.

I used the place often as you know, always went there when that way, always bought something, but £2.50 for an "egg mayo roll" is taking the piss.

Yes it will be a loss to us who go that way and I will be one who will miss it, but they were dear regardless.
miriam
Direct Access
Current Ride: Honda, Hornet

Post by miriam »

Would like to say prices haven't gone up in 2 years, although bills have how ever its hard times for every one and can only apoligise if people feel the service and food isn't what it used to be but don't know why because I still order the same quality of food from the same suppliers as for the service, well you all know I'm crabet cow, but unfortunately can't be there all the time now.
ANY WAY CAROL AND I WOULD LIKE TO INVITE ALL CUSTOMERS TO PARTY ON 10/09/11

The Girlies
At The Hungry Highlander
Would like to invite all customers, to join them on the

10th September 2011
From 8pm
At Braemar Village Hall

To mark the end of an era & The Hungry Highlander as you know it.

(BYOB, Camping is also available in local field)

P.S please remember The Hungry Highlander will remain open until the 31st October 2011
Jay
Tube steak
Current Ride: Ducati Hypermotard 939 SP

Post by Jay »

Well done girls - you did a sterling job with an ever friendly face and a smile, to me Braemar just wont be the same. Hard times for us all. Regardless of some tight arses who commented on this thread.

J
g.cowen
Scary biscuits
Current Ride: 2012 KTM 990 SMT
VW Amarok
'91 750 Guzzi project...

Post by g.cowen »

Shame, there will be no reason for going to, or stopping in, Braemar after it closes. Will be missed :(
Will have to carry on the Spittal stop... :P
D3LS M
Late Braker

Post by D3LS M »

Just to clarify, I never said the food or the service isn't what it used to be, always treated with a smile and a chat, food was always fine, so no complaints on either matter, expensive yes, but no complaints otherwise :2up