Rd 3 - 1st June

coullstar
Bull Sh!tter

Rd 3 - 1st June

Post by coullstar »

Round 3 this weekend folks. Once again if your coming down please put yourself forward to marhsall as we need all the help we can get.

Practice/qualifying in the morning and races in the afternoon. 6 races in total so there plenty to see. Looks like we are going to finally have a dry weekend for it as well or there is always truckmania on at Knockhill :confused
blueflame
Late Braker
Current Ride: CBR1000RR
GSXR 750
Explorer 1200

Re: Rd 3 - 1st June

Post by blueflame »

coullstar wrote:Round 3 this weekend folks. Once again if your coming down please put yourself forward to marhsall as we need all the help we can get.

Practice/qualifying in the morning and races in the afternoon. 6 races in total so there plenty to see. Looks like we are going to finally have a dry weekend for it as well or there is always truckmania on at Knockhill :confused
Nae luck mate TT this time :freebird
I'll get doon yet :2up
coullstar
Bull Sh!tter

Post by coullstar »

Cmon folks, nobody interested? Its a good run down the coast then through STD Andrews. Weathers looking good for the weekend as well.
coullstar
Bull Sh!tter

Post by coullstar »

coullstar wrote:Cmon folks, nobody interested? Its a good run down the coast then through STD Andrews. Weathers looking good for the weekend as well.
Me and my big mouth.

Not much too report.

Saturday was a great day with a few spills on the new dirt section so we modified it.

Sunday started ok with some free practice then I managed to knock 2sec of my time although I never got one clean lap. Qualified 17th or 5th in the B's. Numbers were down for some reason.
10min before the racing it started to rain so wheels were changed. Went out for the first race and got a decent start. 4th going into the 2nd corner I decided to go round the outside of the guy in front who promptly picked the bike up and ran wide so about 5 folk went past. Managed to pass a few people over the next few laps but it was tought going. On the 4th lap and coming into the heaviest braking zone I felt some juddering just before applying the brakes. At this point my front brake caliper came off!!!! :eek :( 50+mph with no brakes is not fun. I jumped of the back of the bike but I must have kicked the back wheel as my leg was pulled in between the wheel and subframe. Its safe to say I was properly bricking it at this point. The bike kept going and tumbled a fair bit before stopping in the dirt. I didnt want to look as I had no feeling in my left leg and I was almost certain it would be in about 10 pieces but I managed to pull it free and stand up. Apart from a slight sprain I was ok :eek
I was totally covered in mud and pushed the bike back to the pitswhere everyone was slack jawed at my caliper. Caliper was FUBAR'd as was the fork bracket so that was the end of my day. In all honesty I think I forgot to tighten the calliper bolts and the lower one worked free. Very stupid mistake to make and one that has cost me a few pennies. At over £100 a lap it was an expensive weekend.

Already got the bits and bike will be fixed next week ready for the British. Please please come down for that weekend as I can gurantee you will love it, it would be good to get some support and you will be amazed by the bike control of the top guys i.e. the likes of Christian Iddon -
fazermal
Always ahead of Trouble
Current Ride: KTM Tangerine Twin
Yamaha XT 660 X (recovered by the Dohnut munchers)

Post by fazermal »

Sorry couldnt make it down I was on call, looks like you had a lucky escape, bet you double check all the bolts the next time around, i'm hoping to get down on the Sunday for the British round, not sure yet as i'm on holiday all that week and we have nothing planned yet for going away.