Steve plater close shave

Forum from the scary world or road racing!
steve
Tank Slapper
Current Ride: Hmmm I wonder

Re: Steve plater close shave

Post by steve »

Borntobewild wrote:
Sheep24 wrote:yip 3 X Scarbourgh, cookstown, tandragee, bush, mid-antrim, skerries, Armoy and Ulster gp or Manx dependant on money/sponsorship :(

The very best of luck to you and hope you get a good deal with your sponsorship. Hope to see you on the T.V. Respect :freebird

+1 :worthy

if you need a pit bitch gimme a shout craig :log :log :log
Sheep24
Chopper
Current Ride: Kawasaki ER6supertwin & super stock 675R

Post by Sheep24 »

Will do JT cheers. :2up
Ronz
Dummy Spitter
Current Ride: 2010 Triumph SpeedMonster

Post by Ronz »

As per usual, the stick has been grasped firmly with both hands at the wrong end by a certain member...
I was implying that I'd love a crack at the TT itself on the right bike with the right gear at the appropriate time. Some folk are far too familiar with the holier-than-thou high horse... And you wonder why I don't post much any more?
Zathos
Mr Magpie
Current Ride: Aprilia Tuono Factory R

Post by Zathos »

Ronz wrote:I'm the opposite, I'd LOVE to have a crack at the TT. Get to ride like a nutter on dodgy roads, LEGALLY :P
The bike and gear wont help if you 'ride like a nutter' ;)

Personally I would like to ride the course on my bike in my own way :cool
steve
Tank Slapper

Post by steve »

Zathos wrote:Personally I would like to ride the course on my bike in my own way :cool

thats the best way to do it dude :2up

those of us who ride the course regularly whilst we are over there do it at our own limits whatever they may be

i lost count how many times over the years (in particular last year) ive witnessed the result of some folks pushing thier limits (especially on the mountain) and it always serves as a chilling reminder as to what can an does happen

Blueflame an i rode past a rather nasty lookin crash at windy corner at TT09 just as the helicopter was coming in to land to take the fallen rider to Nobles
steve
Tank Slapper

Post by steve »

Ronz wrote:As per usual, the stick has been grasped firmly with both hands at the wrong end by a certain member...
I was implying that I'd love a crack at the TT itself on the right bike with the right gear at the appropriate time. Some folk are far too familiar with the holier-than-thou high horse... And you wonder why I don't post much any more?

if your referring to me Ronz at least have the balls to say it :nono

in your previous post you made no mention of the right bike/gear/time to ride the TT course , all you said was you wanna ride it like a nutter ,

im not being hollier than thou or am i getting on my high horse , uve no idea what its like over there , if there is a crash on the mountain they close the mountain road (sometimes for hours) which spoils everyones fun and it means some poor sod has gotta go to the crash scene and deal with whatever they find ,

i hope if you rode past a crash scene to see wreckage all over the road and the bike rider laying on the ground motionless and nobody attending to him because he was dead it would make you change your attitude , i wont hold my breath tho , i witnessed that scene at TT08 near ballacrye road just before quarry bends and it sure wasnt a pleasent sight trust me

go try posting on IOMTT.COM forum with that attitude an it prob wont take long for you to be told where to go
Akrapovic
ZZR1400.....Just like a Golf
Current Ride: ZX10R and MT-10.
Location: Either grafting, down the pub, being a hermit or at a track-day.

Post by Akrapovic »

Ronz wrote:holier-than-thou
I find that term rather annoying and ill used.
Ronz wrote:I'm the opposite, I'd LOVE to have a crack at the TT. Get to ride like a nutter on dodgy roads, LEGALLY :P
JT was replying to your rather enthusiastic wording, which may have been perceived as dangerous by someone who is a seasoned TT goer.

Why are you getting worked up if you dont like the response Ronz? :confused

Chill out chaps. :hippy
erin
Scary biscuits
Current Ride: A mighty Monster!!!

Post by erin »

JT52 wrote:
i hope if you rode past a crash scene to see wreckage all over the road and the bike rider laying on the ground motionless and nobody attending to him because he was dead it would make you change your attitude , i wont hold my breath tho , i witnessed that scene at TT08 near ballacrye road just before quarry bends and it sure wasnt a pleasent sight trust me
We saw something very similar in exactly the same place in 2009, it certainly makes you roll off the throttle and evaluate things a little.... it was a 5 bike smash and it was gut churning... such a same :(

But then again it can happen anywhere really.... if you put it into % of bikes compared to accidents then it really is rather a low %.... but still a 0% would be better...

the TT is not for everyone, but last year there were a lot of novice riders there, some even on L plates :eek (truly take my hat off to them)... Baldy and I were introduced to the TT a few years back and we have never considered not going since, it is a fabulous place to be if you like watching road racing and you really do get a huge thrill seeing these amazing guys race the course, and no matter where you are there will always be someone trying to impress or go the extra mile and for it not to work out for them so well :( .... the atmosphere is also second to none! It is not a place to go to chill and relax, as it is early mornings and late nights, but we love it! ;)
steve
Tank Slapper

Post by steve »

Akrapovic wrote:JT was replying to your rather enthusiastic wording, which may have been perceived as dangerous by someone who is a seasoned TT goer.

thank you Arron :2up

riding the TT course can be daunting sometimes and i know its not everyones cup of tea , i personally love riding the course as i have alot of favourite parts of it , although it can be made a very dangerous activity caused by selfish "nutters" thinking they are the only ones on the road , its amazing how many people dont know what thier mirrors are for ,

i personally ride the course at my own pace an thats a pace im very comfortable with , ive never tried to race anyone or break any lap records or try an emulate anything i see the racers do every year as that would be futile and very dangerous , i dont care if my pace is faster or slower than anyone else , im not tryin to think im a racer as i know im defo not and ive never had the desire to be

the organisers of the TT do whatever they can to improve saftey wherever they can so ultimately everyone enjoys the TT festival yet i feel thier job isnt made any easier by "nutters" thinking the public roads are a race track

in 2008 i took Gary Mitchs other half Ang for a lap of the course , we both had a great time until we came up behind a guy on a Ducati , he didnt like the fact i overtook him whilst i had a pillion , he rode like a knob to get back past me , his riding was very dangerous ,

ive been going to the TT every year since 2003 and its an event im very passionate about for many reasons , there is alot of things connected with the event that i look forward to every year an riding the course is one of them , that activity can be spoilt by "nutters" an im sure the majority of folks that visit the island every year wish those "nutters" would sod off as they mar the event for alot of people
Sheep24
Chopper
Current Ride: Kawasaki ER6supertwin & super stock 675R

Post by Sheep24 »

I thought Steve's was a close call. Check this
TT09 Dainese Superbike TT.

This is the moment Carl Rennie mounts the kerb at near 160mph as he hammers through the village of Kirk Michael. The crowd gasped for breath and silence fell among the spectators. As I regained composure I looked around to see many fear filled white faces.

Credit to Carl, he wrestled the machine back onto the racing line and went on to a great Superbike finish. :worthy :worthy

Stolen from http://www.realroadracing.com
Gazza
I don't believe it!
Current Ride: KTM 690 Duke

Post by Gazza »

How about John McGuinness at the Macau GP a couple of years back.

mcguiness.jpg
And Steve Plater

Not sure if this was saved.... :???

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Borntobewild
Baw Bag

Post by Borntobewild »

Totally briilant photo's Gazza. That's why they get my unreserved respect :freebird
Gazza
I don't believe it!
Current Ride: KTM 690 Duke

Post by Gazza »

Borntobewild wrote:Totally briilant photo's Gazza. That's why you get my unreserved respect :freebird
Why thank you ;)
Borntobewild
Baw Bag

Post by Borntobewild »

Gazza wrote:
Borntobewild wrote:Totally briilant photo's Gazza. That's why you get my unreserved respect :freebird
Why thank you ;)
Cheeky :log :log
brooner
Mr Lobsterfish
Current Ride: StigBike

Post by brooner »

These road racers must have a different fear 'calibration' to most 'normal' people.

Very talented riders.