Mid-Antrim 150

Forum from the scary world or road racing!
Sheep24
Chopper
Current Ride: Kawasaki ER6supertwin & super stock 675R

Mid-Antrim 150

Post by Sheep24 »

Mid Antrim 150 Road Races 30/31 July 2010
Once again across to Ireland to Mid Antrim races which I had been at last year.
There was heavy rain on the Friday so there was no qualifying. The race grid positions were determined by your Championship Placing.
Race one Junior support
I started from 7th on the grid and from the start I got my head down in the difficult dry/wet track conditions. I sat in 4th for a few laps and made my move up to 2nd eventually. I sat in 2nd for the rest of the race as the leader had made a good gap which I couldn’t make up.
Race Two Senior Support
I started from 5th on the grid. The track had a shower of rain just before I went out in the race and I had slicks on. I got a good start and was second out of the first corner. The track conditions were dubious so I took it easy. I was passed by two other riders who had wet tyres on. I rode the race at my own pace and finished 4th. Which I was happy with.

Race Three Supertwins
I was looking for a top ten finish, as there was a good grid of fast riders. I was placed 9th on the grid and this time it was properly wet. I got a good start and worked my way up to 5th. The two rider infront of me had created a good gap which I steadily worked on and two laps from the end I had closed in on them but I couldn’t pass as it was to hairy. I settled for the 5th.

Race four Moto 450
This is my newest addition to the stable. This is a growing class in which a Moto-X bike is used and converted to take road wheels and bodywork. These bike look, sound and ride amazing! We race against the highly tuned GP125 bikes. As I had not raced the bike before I was off the back of the grid due to no championship points. I got a good start and was up to third and was closing in on the GP125 bikes. At the end of the race I had finished 7th over all in the combined result with the GP125’S and second in the Moto 450 class!

Next stop this weekend is Armoy and staying on to do Dundrod 150 and Ulster GP :freebird
RK6
Would you like a mushroom?
Current Ride: Hypermotard SP

Re: Mid-Antrim 150

Post by RK6 »

Nicely done Craig!!

Sounds like you had a damn good weekend. :freebird
Coddy
Chavtastic!
Current Ride: 2011 Ecosse Arr Waan SP Special.
Location: I did see the speed limit officer, i just didn't see you....

Post by Coddy »

:2up
Zathos
Mr Magpie
Current Ride: Aprilia Tuono Factory R

Post by Zathos »

Nice job and some good results there :cool :2up
Dickie
Tank Slapper
Current Ride: SV650, ER6 and a pikey van

Post by Dickie »

Nice write-up and photos. Good results too. :2up

Would love a go on a 450. Tell me a bit more about yours, what it's based on and what you've done to it. Please. :P
steve
Tank Slapper
Current Ride: Hmmm I wonder

Post by steve »

:worthy :worthy :worthy :2up :freebird
axoM
Just Passed
Current Ride: Honda CBR1000RR, KTM Supermoto

Post by axoM »

Good results Craig. Well done.
Sheep24
Chopper
Current Ride: Kawasaki ER6supertwin & super stock 675R

Post by Sheep24 »

Dickie wrote:Nice write-up and photos. Good results too. :2up

Would love a go on a 450. Tell me a bit more about yours, what it's based on and what you've done to it. Please. :P
Its a 2009 Kawasaki KX450
Marchesini front and rear wheels, reworked rear shock from Kais (Ohlins), 07 YZFR6 front end, Akrapovick full system........... If you look at www.moto450.com there is loads on there. When i rode it for a start i didnt like it but a few laps later i couldnt get enough and wanted to stay out :log
DarrenR
Scaramanga
Current Ride: 09 zx10r

Post by DarrenR »

You beast! :2up

:cool