What is one of your most hated tools ?

Best tyres, Suspension setup, Accessories...
Dave
Enjoys a nice shaft!
Current Ride: Big sensible pretty bikes with big smooth tyres,
Small bikes with small lumpy tyres and a truck with HUGE lumpy tyres !

What is one of your most hated tools ?

Post by Dave »

For me, the Stanley knife must be one of the worst tools, the fecker will cut thru most things with ease :biggrin2 :biggrin2
Gazza
I don't believe it!
Current Ride: KTM 690 Duke

Re: What is one of your most hated tools ?

Post by Gazza »

A few years ago I had a special oil filter removing tool. Never ever worked. Just deformed the filter beyond recognition.

Another useless addition to your toolkit are stud extractors that invariably shear off right at the base so you can't get them out again.

stevemoid
Tube steak
Current Ride: 2015 R1200GSA

Post by stevemoid »

I second the belt/chain oil filter removal tools. They induced so much Anal Intrusion which usually ended up with me stabbing the filter and twisting the screwdriver/Gay Blade into it just to make sure it suffered.

Edit: Quality word filter on the word r-a-g-e. :log
Zathos
Mr Magpie
Current Ride: Aprilia Tuono Factory R

Post by Zathos »

circlip pliers. The concept is fine in a workshop.

But after a few thousand miles of service I defy anyone to get a circlip out without either having the offending clip ping into another universe or resorting to the kind of Anal Intrusion which ensure replacement of the part held in place by the circlip.
RK6
Would you like a mushroom?
Current Ride: Hypermotard SP

Post by RK6 »

Zathos wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:10 am circlip pliers. The concept is fine in a workshop.

But after a few thousand miles of service I defy anyone to get a circlip out without either having the offending clip ping into another universe or resorting to the kind of Anal Intrusion which ensure replacement of the part held in place by the circlip.
I spent 15 minutes swearing at a giant circlip the other evening. Ended up ditching the circlip pliers and removing it with a metal ruler. :roll