http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp ... 622537.stm

It could just be me, but this does sound a bit like an excuse
Borntobewild
Baw Bag

Re: Stoner Injury

Post by Borntobewild »

Zathos wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp ... 622537.stm

It could just be me, but this does sound a bit like an excuse
Could be that he's hedgin his bets for when Rossi bags it in the next race.
steve
Tank Slapper
Current Ride: Hmmm I wonder

Post by steve »

IMHO Stoner knows Rossi is a better racer an now they are on the same tyres thats been proven . He is comin out with the excuse that he has aggravated an injury from 2003 . I personally think its pathetic for the reigning world champion to be sayin things like that jus because he is bein shown up big time by valentino . Its all too similar to the bullshit that Sete Gibernau used to come away with when Rossi kicked his butt on a regular basis
Coddy
Chavtastic!
Current Ride: 2011 Ecosse Arr Waan SP Special.
Location: I did see the speed limit officer, i just didn't see you....

Post by Coddy »

I agree, it does sound like the whinger is using it as an excuse. Looks like Rossi will win the title at the next round, as he only needs to finish 4th. So cue big celebrations at H-ondas home track.

Stoner, i think will keep going this season to guarentee 2nd in the championship and beat Pedrosa. 2nd means nothing, but its better than 3rd.

Next year all the bikes will be on Bridgestones so it will be game on. Pedrosa will be the main threat in 09, unfortunate as he is a sulky faced little cnut.
steve
Tank Slapper

Post by steve »

Apparently pedrosa has one more year to win the title or he is out of the works honda team . I dont think he will be a threat for the championship . He might do well in a few races at the most in my opinion
Moped
Just Passed
Current Ride: ZRX11, NC700X and VW Trike.

Post by Moped »

Zathos wrote: It could just be me, but this does sound a bit like an excuse
I cant think of a better Judge.
bR1an
Direct Access
Current Ride: FirePlace

Post by bR1an »

His injury never bothered him when he was winning. Strange huh?
Zax
Derren Brown

Post by Zax »

Moped wrote:
Zathos wrote: It could just be me, but this does sound a bit like an excuse
I cant think of a better Judge.
Funny that I was reading the start of this thread and thought the very same thing . :2up
Sheps
Direct Access
Current Ride: Fightered Thundercat

Post by Sheps »

Wrist injury? The only thing he can do good is work his wrist! Corners hes not to bad till someone (ROSSIE) starts riding then hes fecked. We all seen all Ducatis got is power and that going quick the way Yamaha and even Honda now have stept up. Simple is he cant race with the big boys on a level field. Been saying that to my mates with rose tinted glasses for the last year :wife

OK been :boozer :boozer :boozer :boozer :boozer :boozer :boozer :boozer :boozer
Gazza
I don't believe it!
Current Ride: KTM 690 Duke

Post by Gazza »

Sheps wrote:Wrist injury? The only thing he can do good is work his wrist! Corners hes not to bad till someone (ROSSIE) starts riding then hes fecked. We all seen all Ducatis got is power and that going quick the way Yamaha and even Honda now have stept up.
Stoner may be having a bad time at the moment and he may be an arse, but to suggest he's not quick is daft. He's been faster around the tighter circuits as well as the faster circuits (notably Sachsenring). Last year the Duke had a big top speed advantage earlier on, but the others pulled that back during the season. He also had Bridgestones. This year top speed has been closer and the Bridgestone advantage hasn't been so big.

Compare his performance to that of Marco Melandri and I think it's obvious he's got talent if not personality.

He's had to fight from behind this year which is mentally much tougher than staying in front. Look at Vale's unusual mistakes over the last two seasons and Jorge's this.

I hope he gets his shizzle together and remains competitive next season. The last thing we need is a dull championship with Vale running away with it. The last few years have been fantastic due to the overall competitiveness.
Sheps wrote:Simple is he cant race with the big boys on a level field. Been saying that to my mates with rose tinted glasses for the last year
Who are the big boys? Considering Casey is still second in the championship despite a good few DNFs.
D3LS M
Late Braker

Post by D3LS M »

Sheps wrote:. Simple is he cant race with the big boys on a level field. Been saying that to my mates with rose tinted glasses for the last year :wife

I'm with gazza on this one,he (Stoner) has been fantastic for the last couple of years,and had it not been for him,the GP's would have been much more boring than they have been recently.Take a look at Melandri for example,same bike,nowhere to be seen,so to say he can't race with the big boys is nonsense. :cheers
steve
Tank Slapper

Post by steve »

bR1an wrote:His injury never bothered him when he was winning. Strange huh?

i was thinking the exact same thing :eek
coullstar
Bull Sh!tter

Post by coullstar »

Well I'l stick up for the dullard and say that I think its perfectly acceptable what there saying. He did aggrevate (sp) the injury it at Misano (I think) hence his poorer performances.
As has been said he has been bloody quick all year and is a very very good racer.

Too many people are blinded by Rossi its about time folk realised there's more to life than Valentino..
jaffa
Direct Access
Current Ride: Karaoke 325

Post by jaffa »

coullstar wrote:there's more to life than Valentino..
Blasphemer :log
al
Mass Debater
Current Ride: Space Hopper

Post by al »

coullstar wrote:Well I'l stick up for the dullard and say that I think its perfectly acceptable what there saying. He did aggrevate (sp) the injury it at Misano (I think) hence his poorer performances.
As has been said he has been bloody quick all year and is a very very good racer.

Too many people are blinded by Rossi its about time folk realised there's more to life than Valentino..
:stupid
kingrib
Direct Access
Current Ride: 02 R1, 01 XJR1300, 78 Z650, 78 GS1000, 77 XS500

Post by kingrib »

blinded by Rossi??? :disbelief 8 world titles on different machines and in different classes? I dont know about anyone else but i'm certainly not blinded, i'm impressed,

yes Stoners good and he'll be world champ again at some point, but he's got a long, long way to go to be anywhere near Rossi