Stoner out for next three races

Give us your views on the world of Moto GP
rodsquad
Direct Access
Current Ride: Kawasaki Z1000

Stoner out for next three races

Post by rodsquad »

Seems that Casey Stoner will be missing from the next three rounds of moto gp. Physical fatigue from the illness he has had for the last couple of months is to blame.

Love him or loath him - that's spoilt the championship race no end...
Coddy
Chavtastic!
Current Ride: 2011 Ecosse Arr Waan SP Special.
Location: I did see the speed limit officer, i just didn't see you....

Re: Stoner out for next three races

Post by Coddy »

Mika Kalio is to replace him in the factory squad, with Fabrisio riding Kalio's Pramac bike.
steve
Tank Slapper
Current Ride: Hmmm I wonder

Post by steve »

rodsquad wrote:that's spoilt the championship race no end...

hmmm the guy is 3rd in the championship an not lookin likely to catch up with the top 2 an he cant get his bike to perform for him so he makes excuses about a old injury an now he has had a sore tummy for over 2 months :eek

imho its going to be good to watch this wknds race an not have to listen to his pathetic excuses , to hear him whine on about Rossis "luck" after his 5th place at donnington after crashing out of the lead was like listening to a 5yr old kid after somebody had stolen his sweeties !!

he needs to learn how to loose with dignity , everyone else in motogp seems to be able to do that :hippy
Borntobewild
Baw Bag

Post by Borntobewild »

I agree he just can't get a big enough dummy to chuck

:freebird
Ratz
Anyone for cricket?
Current Ride: Jedi Speeder Bike

Post by Ratz »

his weakness bug is a cool excuse tbh

wonder if i can get away with that for work? maybe with the wife?

me - sorry i seem to be weak from this bug ive had, cant do any work sorry
boss - whats it called then
me - lazycuntitis
coullstar
Bull Sh!tter

Post by coullstar »

Surely it shows how hard the guys tries that he has taken his body beyond its limits.

Id like to see any of you take it that far.
Ratz
Anyone for cricket?

Post by Ratz »

only if its genuine and not an excuse for loosing then should he get sympathy
coullstar
Bull Sh!tter

Post by coullstar »

Common do you really think he would have gotten to that level if everytime he was beaten he started looking for excuses especially one like that. Do you thikn his team would put up with that? He boring but he is a hard bar-steward of a rider.

Too many armchair racers on here!!!!
Coddy
Chavtastic!

Post by Coddy »

coullstar wrote:Common do you really think he would have gotten to that level if everytime he was beaten he started looking for excuses especially one like that. Do you thikn his team would put up with that? He boring but he is a hard bar-steward of a rider.

Agreed.

don't really like the winjin faced fcuk, but its obvious he is the only one who can ride, what must be a Monster (read shizzle) bike compared to the other bikes. As some real behind the scene's ex Moto Gp racers will say, he is a completely different guy to the likes of Rossi. He only wants to go there, race the bike and go home, he's not interested in the publicity pish that goes along with racing, which obviously Rossi is the master at.

The main problem runs with Fiat, as they have put all there eggs in one basket, building a bike round one rider. They now have a bike that no decent rider wants to ride, and would rather ride a second string H-onda, Yamaha. I think he was out of the title race anyhoo, as its between Rossi and Lorenzo now.
Yes, Stoner is one of the new breed of riders who use traction control to their benefit, but there is probably only Rossi, Edwards and Caparossi out racing Moto Gp bikes who are used to racing them without it. (Still should be either tamed down with a common ECU or completely banned though).
Ratz
Anyone for cricket?

Post by Ratz »

fcuk stoner

we love rossi :biggrin2
doctors in the house
airwave
Tank Slapper
Current Ride: Yam MT10, 'Rox Scoota (currently on trailer of shame, still leaking oil . . from somewhere internal . .

Post by airwave »

Having watched Stoner / Rossi et Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian) on the tracks a couple of times now.
Stoner is phenomenal, he looks n sounds balls to the wall.

Watching the locals using Losail on bikes like we ride and then seeing the GP crowd there makes you understand just how much different these guys are.
There were guys lapping Losail on tricked out R1's who were being talked about as "handy", the kids on the 125 GP bikes would have absolutely minced any of the "handy" guys on the R1's.

Stoner comes out of the last turn before the straight at Losail like a man on a mission and the Duc is _launched_ up that straight. he's exiting the corner with the bike fighting the traction control as he really really really wants to be getting a move on. he looks to be far and away the most aggressive rider out there.

Rossi is smooth and controlled and quite frankly, dull to watch by comparison. (I know I know, All hail Rossi, and I do like the cheeky chappie)

having seen what "handy" normal folks can do and having seen the GP mob, all of the GP riders have my greatest respect.

you may not like the skinny wee winger but you'll never be able to ride a bike like he does.
Gazza
I don't believe it!
Current Ride: KTM 690 Duke

Post by Gazza »

coullstar wrote:Common do you really think he would have gotten to that level if everytime he was beaten he started looking for excuses especially one like that. Do you thikn his team would put up with that? He boring but he is a hard bar-steward of a rider.

:stupid
al
Mass Debater
Current Ride: Space Hopper

Post by al »

Gazza wrote:

:cheers
Cossackmannie
Indeed!
Current Ride: 1979 DT175MX
1987 Big Mans Wanger K75S
1981 GP100
2005 Jianshe JC90 Dax copy with Lifan 125 motor
Location: In the garage, looking for that 2.65 valve shim I just dropped..

Post by Cossackmannie »

Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian) wrote:
Gazza wrote:

:cheers
I remember years ago watching a 500 GP race when there was an incident in which Simon Buckmaster(on either a Harris or ROC Yamaha) got in the way of the leaders as he was being lapped.
We were all giving it "C*nt is a waste of space/Shouldn't be racing/What a useless rider" when an old guy at the end of the bar simply said "He might be last but he's still a faster rider than any of you lot! At least he's out there competing and not pissing his best years away in a pub"

How right he was :2up
Borntobewild
Baw Bag

Post by Borntobewild »

Anyone and everyone who races a bike whether it's on a track or road racing has my utmost respect.

:freebird

:worthy
Coddy
Chavtastic!

Post by Coddy »

Rumour has it, that he may well be suffering early stages of M.E.

Or has he quit Ducati. http://www.bikesportnews.com/articles/a ... H_Ducati_1
coullstar
Bull Sh!tter

Post by coullstar »

The ME thing might be right. My mate got it a few years back and he was buggered for a while.